adhesive Removal

Kevin (Mr T)

I'm cleaning off some old, disintegrating foam tape where the bonnet sits and I'm struggling with the adhesive residue. Can anyone recommend a suitable product, as I don't want to use something that turns out to be too aggressive.

Tardis and the like or even bog-standard IPA.

Use d-limonine based label remover, it's what is was designed for, i've heard bad things from WD40 getting onto GRP.

I got some silicone eater that works well without damaging GRP it's designed for bath tubs so could be major problems if it melted your bath

Thanks, some options to try.

Methylated spirits - the purple stuff that you can get from B&Q is pretty good too and not damaging to gelcoat/paintwork/etc.

'Sticky Stuff Remover'   works the best.  Doesn't damage anything

'Sticky Stuff Remover'   works the best.  Doesn't damage anything

Label remover by any other name :d

I've actually got to do this job myself soon, i've got some neoprene tape, but it's just finding the time to do it. It's best done post blat, as the heat makes the job MUCH easier.

I bought a 400ml can of label remover by RS components, someone was selling them on eBay for about £6 each. Last time I did it with Ambersil label remover (but effectively same stuff).

• Like 1

Label remover by any other name :d

I've actually got to do this job myself soon, i've got some neoprene tape, but it's just finding the time to do it. It's best done post blat, as the heat makes the job MUCH easier.

I bought a 400ml can of label remover by RS components, someone was selling them on eBay for about £6 each. Last time I did it with Ambersil label remover (but effectively same stuff).

I could be wrong, but I think I bought some label remover from Kent Blaxill in Colchester a couple of years back and the label actually said "Sticky Stuff Remover" :) I shall give them a call. Thanks for the help.

Hair dryer to soften it up.

Hair dryer to soften it up.

Good idea too!

Try turps.

Another one for "Sticky Stuff Remover". I've used it for a few years now, its available from Halfords, and works really well. And apparently very friendly stuff, so much so they say you can use it in kids hair etc to get chewing gum out or whatever else they may have put in there....

• Like 1

Comes in a white plastic bottle Kevin.

• Like 1