Clan McWesty: Nev's Charity Blat'n'BBQ - 26th July

Rab (bombero) Reid

I believe a great day was had by all and thankfully no mishaps at all .. .. not one! :t-up:

Many thanks to Nev, our man in the Scottish Borders for the excellent route where we ventured as far south as Newcastleton, which is pretty much as far as you can go in the south east (only a couple of miles from Kielder). Many lovely fast twisty bits and some going through forest sections (a personal favourite of mine).

The BBQ was a chance to chat about the run and a general catch up with some friends that we don't see all that often and donations for the grub going to HemiHelp, a charity close to the hearts of Nev's family, which helps children and young people with hemiplegia (http://www.hemihelp.org.uk/hemiplegia/what_is_hemiplegia). Therefore, it almost goes without saying that a big thanks must also go to Nev's wife and family for being fabulous hosts! :d

No worries, Chris. Always a reason for us to try a gain soon! The weather held off indeed and only a light spit came on after we were all fed and watered. A bit heavier for the drive home though. The roads were great especially the Newcastleton leg!

I've been giving some thought to a possible raid into Northumberland area, if you have any suggestions... ;)

I'll have a ponder on some routes, I guess it depends how far down you dare venture, but will be happy to join in and promise to avoid any more weddings!