Limit on pictures in blog posts

Hi,

Would it be possible to increase the limit (10?) on pictures inside blog posts? These are pictures that I am hosting myself.

Q.

I've had a deep look backstage twice now, and I'm hornswoggled if I can find anything that directly controls the maximum number of images in a blog post.  Will try one more time but the mysterious and all-powerful Webmaster has stated at the recent AGM that the boardroom will be receiving a major software upgrade in the summer at some point, so this might be enhanced then.

Could it be controlled by

Tools & Settings > System Settings > Forums > Topics, Posts and Polls section : Max. no. images per post ?

(got this from googling for IP Board)

It would then probably controlling all posts (i.e. forum posts as well as blog posts)...

I can see an Image Limit of Album Entries setting in the blog set up section, it's currently on 100.

But at a guess that applies to images uploaded to the forums (and stored on the webserver). I'm using my own hosting service, but after 10 images in a single blog post, the images turn to links, instead of showing inline.

Could it be controlled by

Tools & Settings > System Settings > Forums > Topics, Posts and Polls section : Max. no. images per post ?

(got this from googling for IP Board)

It would then probably controlling all posts (i.e. forum posts as well as blog posts)...

Nope - that may be from a different version, there's no such path backstage in this version. :(

For the moment, I'm afraid you'll have to create another blog post if you have more than 10 photos - sorry.

Right, I've tried something rather unconventional but can't guarantee it will work or that I can leave it this way, but you may be able to achieve 15 images - give it a try.

That seems to have worked Scott :yes:

Now hoping I can keep it within 15 ;)

Yes well sometimes a sledgehammer is more effective than a mini screwdriver...but not the recommended course of action and don't tell Adrian.

I've set it to 20 max for the moment, but if it breaks or drags the system down to a crawl, that will have to be reduced.  Just stop tinkering on your car until next Monday. :p

• 3 weeks later...