IDIOTIC CHANGE TO CAR HIRE RULES

Terry Everall

Only ever been asked for the counterpart in the UK, never in the US, Europe or Asia.  Rest of the world cares little for our red tape, cant imagine they'll ask for it moving forward. 

Soon find out hiring a car the week after this goes live in Italy. 

Sean.

On a serious note, you are supposed to be able to access your driving license details online, I've been trying for over a month now and am getting all manner of errors, I had to ring DVLA and ask the question "are you computers in that much of a bind?" the reply was "No sir they're fine, there's a question over your date of birth" So the long ans short of it is that I've got to write in to them and send a copy of my birth certificate and current passport, so as it stands at the moment I couldn't generate one of those codes if I tried, but they have assured me I am ok to continue driving as is.

Nem............

Hired cars in many parts of the world. Only even even take the paper part in the UK.