Newbie Introduction and Honda S2000 query

StuWhite

I Just remember the member called Timmie trying to tell everyone that black was white regarding Diff ratios.

He was trying to compare it to the S2000's 4.10 and not taking into account that the westy is a lot lighter with smaller wheels

I used this calculator as it lets you input tyre size and has all S2000 ratios filled in 

http://www.turnzero.com/technical_resources.php?resource=gear_calculator

More food for thought thank you all!

This is going to be a road car 99% of the time - might do the odd track day but nothing competitive. My lack of driving skill would limit the need for the car to perform at a level that would require to much consideration to be given to setting the car up for track use. I will be mostly having shortish runs and day trips out from home. Having said that, it would be nice to be able to go further afield occasionally without it being hard work or too tiring - I would quite fancy a trip down to Le Mans one year or to drive to the Nurburgring or tour the Highlands for example. 

Top speed doesn't strike me as very important really at this stage as Im unlikely to need / want to be going more than... ahem... 70mph very often (not 120 honestly officer) for fear of losing my licence so having the right gears to be driveable and pull through the low - midrange will probably be my preference.  I will definitely gauge other users opinions and experience when the time comes to decide on the diff ratio - hopefully once you all have a few more miles on your cars you can give me your opinion again but I am definitely erring towards the 3.62 at this stage.

Thanks for the link Lloydox

There's an S2000 drivetrain appeared in the parts for sale section.

• Like 1