New Member and Owner

^Qwerty^

:ww:  to the club Qwerty,

Surprised no one has used that name before on the Forum! Good to see another Pinto engined car about.

Burton's are a good supplier of standard and go-faster Pinto bits for mail order. Find a friendly motor factors that will make the extra effort to find the parts you need. Some are not interested if they can't find a part just off the numberplate database.

Pinto's eat standard motor factor ignition leads. They are very close to the exhaust pipes and this bakes out and cracks the insulation. I would typically go through a set a year. I've since changed to Magnecor leads with high temperature silicone boots over the spark plugs. These have a ten year guarantee and should more than pay for themselves.

Another thing to watch out for is the clutch cable. This typically passes through the exhaust manifold. There is a plastic lining inside that melts from the heat, causing the cable to bind and making the clutch very heavy to use. A new cable and some woven glass fibre insulation around it will solve this.

Jen

Welcome mike I'm over in Ilkley so not far away are you going to stoneleigh Look forward to meeting you

Hi and  :ww: from another Pinto engined owner  :)

Looks like there will be quite a few Westfields at Blyton Park this Sunday, 19th April both on the track and in the car park. Might be worth a run down to meet up  :yes:

• Like 1

Mmmm...clamshell wings... :t-up:

:ww:

Looks nice that, the wood dash trim is......interesting. Love the wheels though!

I'm taking my youngest to Selby in the morning for a rugby festival - so I might try get down to Blyton in the afternoon depending on the time. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi and  :ww: from another Pinto engined owner  :)

Looks like there will be quite a few Westfields at Blyton Park this Sunday, 19th April both on the track and in the car park. Might be worth a run down to meet up  :yes:

Being new to all this, is that good or bad or just a personal preference kind of thing?

Personal preference, but you dont see many about these days. 

I like the wood trim, its natures carbon fibre!

Welcome to the club :d

Being new to all this, is that good or bad or just a personal preference kind of thing?

Well, "personal preference" (if you can really call it that) has slipped more toward the all out racing car look, but back when our cars were built, people were going for more of a traditional British sports car look. I remember back in 1998-2002, people were fitting stereos into their Westfields, something most of the folk here wouldn't even dream of doing now.

Purely personal preference, I think the clams suit your car. Its a nice colour too.

Well yesterday came and I decided to take the carbs off to take them to be stripped and cleaned, so no trip to Blyton (and it started raining). Took me best part of two hours to get two cables, two fuel lines and 8 bolts off, the last bolt, the lower left hand side next to the distributor must have taken me 30 minutes to remove.

Anyway, lesson learnt, and I know some may laugh - I forgot that these cars are put together using imperial size nuts and bolts. Cant' wait to put it all back together......

From the pictures above, can anyone tell what carbs they are and where I might get some new gaskets? I've already ordered a box of imperial size spring washers, but I want to put on new nuts as well, so I need to size them up as well (they came off with a 1/2 inch socket)

Sorry if this should now move to Tech Talk - I expect more postings in there shortly :)

Looks like a pair of Weber DCOE's, spares for the Webers themselves can be got widely, but Eurocarb are the main distributor, and it's often easier to go direct. When it comes to engine bits, anyone dealing with classic Ford stuff; Burton Power is popular though.