New Member and Owner

^Qwerty^

Hi,

So I've just joined up after purchasing a bit of a 'barn find' Westie. It's a 1991 with 2ltr Pinto, dark blue. The previous owner bought it in 1993 and the car has done a grand total of just over 7k miles. I drove it when they bought it back then, and said, "if you ever sell it, let me know".

Well I got the phone call last December :)

So far I've put four new tyres on it, order 4 new plugs, 4 new HT leads and have the air filters off for a good clean. It runs, but sometimes drops on to 3 and can pop and bang quite a bit. So basically I'm doing the basics first and will then want to get it on a rolling road to have it set up properly (any suggestions, I live in East Yorkshire?)

New fuel filter, oil etc all being done as well.

I work in York, so will hopefully get along to the meets just down the road on the A64, but would welcome any other owners to pop around and share their wisdom at any point - I suspect I'm going to be on a steep learning curve for a while.

Regards

-

Mike

Welcome Mike, sounds like a real time capsule of a car!

:ww: Mike

Enjoy your new toy  :t-up:

By the time you've sorted it all you'll know your way around a Westy just as well as you do a keyboard  ;)

Welcome to the club Mike, where abouts in East Yorkshire are you as there is a few of us around here.

Dave

Bogg brothers are good tuners based in Yorkshire not far from top of Garrowby Hill

I would like to second Bogg Brothers.

Cracking set of lads.

:ww:  Mike.   One thing the older cast iron engines score on is---------------------having been left idle for years they'll start up and run without damage  with the minimum work required, new oil and fresh petrol.   Giving it good thrashing around the country roads is a good thing for it.     You will however suffer some electrical gremlins in the coming months and I bet it will just be bad wiring,  terminals loose or corroded. 

Have a great time driving it and making it your own.

Mike we are having a meeting tonight just down the road from you at the Triton in Brantingham, you're welcome to come and join us.

Please PM your email address and I'll add you to my mailing list if you like.

Oh and a big  :ww: to the club!!

Today I've put on a new fuel filter + pipes, new plugs, cleaned the air filters and run some choke cleaner through the carbs. Still sometimes drops on to three but I've isolated the problem down to a ht lead :)

Hopefully get a new set tomorrow, I've already discovered that car shops don't sell 'car' bits anymore, so finding a suitable set is proving to be a challenge.

Today I've put on a new fuel filter + pipes, new plugs, cleaned the air filters and run some choke cleaner through the carbs. Still sometimes drops on to three but I've isolated the problem down to a ht lead :)

Hopefully get a new set tomorrow, I've already discovered that car shops don't sell 'car' bits anymore, so finding a suitable set is proving to be a challenge.

They do round here. It's the small independent ones that have been trading for eons who hold a stock of old car parts.