• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

April Powers, Lincoln, Sat 4th April

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The next Horsepower at the Hall event called 'April Powers' is on Saturday 4th April, 9am - 12. It is at Doddington Hall, Lincoln, LN6 4RU.

Weather permitting I will be going. I will be meeting at MacDonolds, Barlborough on Junction 30 of the M1, aiming to leave there at 8am. 

As last time bring me 40p for the toll bridge and I will pay the money in one go so we can all get through easily.

The Morgan Club are coming this time too.

If the weather is nice I was told there is a Marina close by and we could maybe go for lunch there, or I am open to suggestion.

Who is coming?

• Like 1

Weather permitting we will be there. Lets hope the turn out is as good as the last one!

I'll be there hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Tricky and his son are coming too, anyone else?

Weather forecast is looking drier, well it couldn't look wetter than last weeks outing.

We were planning to come to join you again but Sue is very unwell so will confirm nearer the day  :down:

We were planning to come to join you again but Sue is very unwell so will confirm nearer the day  :down:

That's not good, hope she feels better soon!

:westy::yellow-westy::dg-westy::I don't understand all this weather permitting business :p :p :p

• Like 1

Who is coming?

Hoping to attend will aim to be at Mac'ds for 8am departure  :)

• Like 2

See you got the green car in the front where she belongs Rickyboy :p

See you got the green car in the front where she belongs Rickyboy :p

It's cos it's your best side!

Oops, there I go again, can't resist, guess I'm always destined to be at the back!

Just been out to fill up so I'm ready for an early start on Saturday.

• Like 1

Me too, but I had to go all the way to Buxton to fill up, how weird.

It was a lovely day though, I even left the furry hat at home for the first time this year.

See you on Saturday Robin.

Weather forecast is OK so planning to be there.

As far as eating out is concerned, there is a place at Burton Waters (marina) which serve ok food and you could get a table where you can look out of the window to see your cars. Been there a couple of times but these were events so cannot comment on quality or value. Alternatives are Damons for ribs etc - on the A46 (LN6 3SE), Swan Holme Restaurant on Doddington Rd B1190 (LN6 3RS). There are the normal in town alternatives of Harvester, Ask Italian, Homemade Burger Company etc but you would have to park up and walk to these.

Unfortunately I am not bringing Clare - she is flower arranging in Church ready for Easter - so will not be eating out with you. Maybe next time. I am bringing our eldest son Peter who is a bit of a petrol head but turned to the dark side and now mad about motorbikes.

On Julies car there was a WSCC thingy detailing the her car. Where does this come from?

See you there

Andrew

Thanks for the eating out advice Andrew.

The WSCC thingy on my windscreen is an information sheet that I printed and laminated. I will see you on Saturday and sort one out for you.

Just been out to fill up so I'm ready for an early start on Saturday.

Hi Robin,

Are you going to macD's meeting point for 8am? if so can meet you for run down if you want somewhere between you Leeds and me Dewsbury?