9th May 4pm, car meet and BBQ at the carding shed

Rickyboy100

Hi everyone, just had an update from the carding shed. They are having a start of season car meet and bbq on the 9th of May at 4pm. I'll be going and would be great to see some more westfields parked on the field.

• Like 1

Count me in,should be able to make it. I was wondering when they were starting again.

Excellent Robin, I could maybe meet you at Emley moor mast before

We will be along. It is one of my favorite meeting places.

It might be worth mentioning that the Carding Shed is also called the Oil Can Cafe. It/they are at Holmfirth, HD9 1AF.

Cheers

Julie

Is this venue on the lines of the Ace Café for petrolheads?

I've never been to the ace cafe, but I wouldn't say yes.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 9th May it is also the Horsepower at the Hall in Lincoln.

We will be meeting at MacDonalds, Junction 30 M1 at 8am, going to the Lincoln event 9am-12. Then we will get some lunch before setting off back past MacDonalds, through Chesterfield, heading north through the Peak District, stopping for teas and wees aiming to land at the BBQ for 4pm.

There are several petrol stops in there too.

Anyone can join us on any part of this double event, just let me know where and when to pick you up.

Hope this is OK Rickyboy, trying not to hijack your event too much here.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Of course I will be going to this and maybe we can use the parking area at the Gym at New Mill or maybe the Flouch Inn to meet up so we can go in in convoy as we did last year. I think Martin and one or two others from the Yorkshire area may want to come as well.

Barry

• Like 1

I'll be there !!!     and its a much nicer run in from the Flouch side, but if anyone meeting at Emily Moor mast wants guiding from Emily over to flouch to go in convoy i'm only 10min from Emily so let us know !

Hi James

Glad you're coming, perhaps the Flouch will be a good starting point as Glen and Julie and other Sheffield/Peak District members are familiar with the place.

Barry

More than happy Julie for you to bomb my event. (Kidding). Sounds like a plan more the merrier, although might not do all day as I'm at cars in the park on Sunday with Bioman, and loads more of you if you buy your tickets hint hint. Jim, didn't realise you were so close to Emley moor mast. Where you from?? I'm in lepton.

Some of the Yorkshire lot can meet at the mast so if there is anyone coming from the north I can meet at the mast, if not I'll go to the flouch, so it looks like I have some friends when I turn up. Lol

I'll probably come to emley moor.

Do we all want to meet up at the Flouch then and go in as a convoy, there's ample parking space there as it's a disused Pub. For anyone who doesn't know where it is it's on the Huddersfield side of the A628/A616 roundabout. If there's a gang meeting at Emley with James James knows the way up to the Flouch.

Barry