WILL THIS SHOWER-CAP FIT A WESTFIELD

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Not sure why a cockpit cover woukd be favoured over a full one? They look about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Halfords cover is a really good bit of kit.

Because they fold up really small and can be stuffed down the back of your seat etc.  The material is like the stuff used for umbrellas and doesn't damage the bodywork if it flaps about a bit.  My way of fixing does not involve getting down on your hands and knees and fiddling about with any clips - the elasticated edge just twangs onto the hooks - job done.

The OP is talking about overnight protection. 

With a cockpit cover you will want to be sure the seals around your windscreen / wipers / scuttle are up to scratch or else there is still the potential for water ingress.  Further to that if you have a bonnet with any holes for air intake (such as a v8 bonnet) you're going to get standing water in parts of your engine bay as the car is stood all night.  The full cover has the added benefit of covering the car in it's entirity so will attract less unwanted attention. Seems a better option to me!

The OP is talking about overnight protection. 

With a cockpit cover you will want to be sure the seals around your windscreen / wipers / scuttle are up to scratch or else there is still the potential for water ingress.  Further to that if you have a bonnet with any holes for air intake (such as a v8 bonnet) you're going to get standing water in parts of your engine bay as the car is stood all night.  The full cover has the added benefit of covering the car in it's entirity so will attract less unwanted attention. Seems a better option to me!

I have no garage  :(

The cockpit cover gets used all summer but when the weather turns rough and I'm using the car less and less then I have a Hamilton cover.  I have a container half full of water on the rear cover and another on the bonnet.  It doesn't blow off.

My car is a driver not a show car and if it gets wet, it gets wet.  (Julie - look away now)!  My cockpit is weatherproof(ish) - no carpets, JK seats with drainage holes and rubber jobbies on the toggle switches.  It's fine for me.

All in my opinion of course!

• Like 1