• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Virus alert

Blatman

I have just received (via the Se7ens list, I think) the W32. Bugbear virus.

Hurdsey.

The message attachment containing the virus was called Paul.Hurdsfield.wab.pif

I'd have called you, but your mobile is switched off.

So, firstly, if anyone has Hurdsey's phone number at home, give him a bell, and ask him to check his system out.............in the meantime, be on your guard. The virus is identifiable because the attachment that runs it has TWO extensions, the .wab.pif part is the clue. If you receive a message from me (doubtful, 'cos it didn't infect my system) or anyone else, with an attachment with a random name, but the double .wab.pif extension, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY, and empty it out of your Deleted Items folder straight away too...........

This has been a public information anouncement......

It's not just Hurdsey  :(  :(  It's spreading like the bl**** pox up there AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :(  :angry:  :(  :blush:  :blush:

Wish the bl**** virus' would  :devil:  :(  :angry:  :arse:  :arse:

I don't know if this the same virus, but just recently I've been getting several e-mails from a friend in Canada with the subject name "look at this screensaver" and "hotmail hack" urging you (me) to open attachments.

I didn't, because it just didn't seem right, so mailed him asking if he knew about it. Apparently something has infected his address list and is sending the virus on to everyone in it. He's having a knightmare getting rid of it, so if someone sends you an e-mail with those subject names delete them immediately.

Minghis.

I did you cheeky monkey. Couldn't find out how to switch on Hurdseys phone by remote, so I guess we haven't covered that yet..............

Hyah Guys, I just got told about this post last night, i got an e-mail with an attachment from another member which i recognised as one i had from him ages ago, i was suspiciuos (spelling) so i deleted it, soon after i got messages from my youngest son and neice who are traveling in oz they had got it somehow, then Paul Helsby told me he had got it from me also, at last nights meeting i told the other member he reckons its sorted now, thats the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth  :0