Stoneleigh 2015 - General Chat

Andy Banks

I thought it was fantastic.

I never found the time to go anywhere but around the Westfield bits and enjoyed meeting up with all the familiar faces and meeting ones that I have been talking to on the forum. Great to meet you Phil, Andy and Mandy.

Big thanks to Andy, Ian and marcus for putting on the best Stoneleigh I've been to. (or you could read it as the Westfield kit car show)

I will admit that it's smaller the it used to be but there are Wessie's everywhere, whats not to like.

See you all next year....  Stoneleigh, it is what you make it.     Check out this lot. 

IMG_4450_zps64u3cgu8.jpg

IMG_4449_zpsunwhxayz.jpg

IMG_4435_zpsdqk3ms6u.jpg

Could do with another polish....

• Like 5

Hi it was great to see so many Westfields on he the WSSC club stand and in the halls.

For the record as someone who has visited the show regularly over the last 20 years I think this was the smallest selection of manufacturers I have seen but the quality of those present was high. It seems the business has grown up a bit.

One again well done to the WSSC team and hopefully I will be over in mine this time next year.

As I understand it, (from hall floor gossip I should add, so take with a pinch of salt), there were quite a few 11 1/2 hour cancelations from those companies etc that should have been exhibiting. I believe virtually as late as on the Saturday, as a few decided they didn't like the looks of the weather, they made excuses up to become no-shows.

The weather was a bit of a shame this year, not necessarily 'cause it spoiled the show directly, I don't think it did. But it did seem to put visitors off and keep the numbers down, compared to previous years. A great shame.

I can't really comment on the exhibits as I didn't really get a chance to see them. The halls seemed busy but I had an impression of fewer stands there? 

You'll find the show in some ways to be a bit of a mixed bag, if you want a major motor show style experience with lots of cars to see and huge numbers of stands, then I can see where you might be disappointed. However, if you wanted more of a social event, then I'd say "best show evah!" 

Its a a bit of get out what you put in show, visit it as part of one of the owners clubs attending in numbers, help on their stands/pitches and you'll find you're run off your feet all day amongst like minded people with enough in common to break the ice and enough differences to be interesting! Note, I deliberately didn't say our WSCC stand(s), though Andy and team have turned it into the best example of the type.

And it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone at the start of the weekend; volunteer, help set up on the Saturday, you'll get to know us while being busy as we set up, again, another great ice breaker, then lend a hand on the Sunday or Monday and you'll already be part of the team!

It doesn't even stop once the show itself shuts down at the end of the first day, as the club BBQ keeps things going well into the night.

• Like 3

I drove up in the rain Saturday morning, worst conditions I have driven the car in by a long way, anything over 50mph was very very twitchy

The photo says it all really!

D6ED47B7-9DE9-4609-9EEE-59C9ADBA9754_zps

i had never been to stoneleigh before. and i have to say the wscc was by far the best club seemed the most professional and the most informative around the site. there were a few spaces empty in the halls. but it was great to finnaly meet some of the people that ive been speaking to via this forum and great to speak to some of the suppliers with whom i have parted substancial amounts of money lol. but all in all i thouroughly enjoyed my day out conisdering i wasnt going to go on the sunday after looking at the weather on the morning. great job by everyone involved from wscc

• Like 1

I though we had some excellent banter, the marquee and hall were set out very well. Lots of helpful people and some very nice cars. The weather was a huge contributory factor to the reduction in numbers on Sunday guess today was better. But didn't stop a very professional set up shining. BBQ Sunday pm was a good laugh pity I didn't meet up with some of the names who also attended. Many tbanks to Andy, Ian and Marcus with the two boys helping. Brilliant relaxed no probs. Pity I had to leave early.

Bob

As expected it was a very well run Westfield display again this year on my Sunday visit. It was a shame about the weather as has already been said so not unsurprising that some people may have decided not to bother.

I agree that the noise of the drift experience can get a bit tiresome even whilst being in the vicinity of the marquee.

I did get plenty of parts and some good bargains although I do think that £30 entry for the missus and I was quite a lot.

Was good to say hello to some fellow forum users even if by pure chance (hey Mike!).

Well done to all concerned.

I actually overheard a conversation between a couple of stallholders suggesting this might be the last show at Stoneleigh. I do hope not but all the other shows have gone in recent years so you have to wonder given the poor turnout.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was great to finally meet up with so many of you that have chipped in with help and advice during my build.

I do hope it's on next year as I'll actually have a Westy to go in!

• Like 1

You guys are not selling this for me next year... :(

You'll not be paying an entrance fee as you'll be getting in for free as you'll be in your westy ;-)
  • Like 1

Where's the next kit car show?

Where's the next kit car show?

I thought this was the only one left.  

is there one at donnington park at some point close to the end of the year around october time i think

on further inspection looks like its moving to castle coombe on the 20th june

There's also total kit car live at Brands Hatch in November.

Just wanted to thank all the people who gave up their time to TRY to make a show happen. Personally i think Stoneleigh is for someone who has never been there a great show no matter the size. We were there after a 4 hour drive there in some rain, the crowds even for Sunday were not bad once the sun came out! Not as many in the camping area for obvious reasons. Monday was to me packed! The halls were full. Good idea was the side show of the auto test that riot? Put on. Next year i think there should be more side entertainment for this year was only the westy drift and the off road bits... Again! Time for extra something for say those people who are not just car interested. Ie camping show? Outdoor type show? Street entertainment? Etc.. More stuff that ATTRACTIONS more you will attract. Oh and there was and mayne still is a recession.

I enjoyed the weekend tbh.. Glad im off work today.. Yessssss