Stoneleigh 2015 - General Chat

Andy Banks

That colour is really nice Red Spider, it has a different look in different lights. Quinten I was parked next to you and you've done a top job. That dash is really good, did you need to trim it to size or was it a straight fit?

Big trim involved, although the "carbon" plastic is really easy to work with. Plus side is that you'll be left with lots of pieces that you can use to tart up other parts of the car ;) Got it from Playskool, but noticed Westfield sell the same (it comes from ESP plastics).

Brilliant work by all the stoneleigh team great set-up and display

• Like 2

Sun is shining, lots of cars to see, hope to see lots of our members at Stoneleigh

I attended yesterday - but in the tin top. As usual a great effort by all the team both the outdoor marquee and indoor exhibits.

I thought the show itself was a bit tired with very little new.  The Ultima EVO was a bit of a spot the difference competition.  GD had a new hard top version of their Lola copy and I spotted a new 6 speed toyota gearbox on the RWD stand in a westy chassis... but other than that not many new exhibits.

I think it worked better having Car builder Solutions etc in the barn.

Stoneleigh itself seems to be having a lot of money spent on it with numerous new buildings and refurbished toilets.

The noise from the Westfield Slalom becomes a bit tiresome when sitting outside WSCC marquee or the Market Fayre. 

£15 seems a bit steep to get in also.  I would have thought better £5 kit cars and £10others.  Perhaps include free camping for Kit cars.

• Like 1

I attended yesterday - but in the tin top. As usual a great effort by all the team both the outdoor marquee and indoor exhibits.

I thought the show itself was a bit tired with very little new.  The Ultima EVO was a bit of a spot the difference competition.  GD had a new hard top version of their Lola copy and I spotted a new 6 speed toyota gearbox on the RWD stand in a westy chassis... but other than that not many new exhibits.

Stoneleigh itself seems to be having a lot of money spent on it with numerous new buildings and refurbished toilets.

The noise from the Westfield Slalom becomes a bit tiresome when sitting outside WSCC marquee or the Market Fayre. 

£15 seems a bit steep to get in also.  I would have thought better £5 kit cars and £10others.  Perhaps include free camping for Kit cars.

I agree with all of this.  It looked like the easiest route to organise the show this year and it was a carbon copy of last year in almost every respect.   In many cases there were even the same cars on show, on the same stand in the same locations.  Likewise, the trade stands were the same and (mostly) in the same place and all of the clubs outside were in the same place too.  

I went to the show to meet up with WSCC members and to do my bit on a stand and once again, was not disappointed with the effort and friendliness.  I think the marquee and internal organisation was even better than last year, particularly the auto jumble, so I think it was well worth the visit, so not complaining.  However, for the wider show and to reflect value if they are going to rush me £15 to get in via tin top, I think the whole show needs a bit of a mix up.

Couldn't agree more David  :t-up:

A great effort by all involved on Wscc stands ( best at show easily )

Now I love the speed series and motorsport in general but the monotonous noise from the Westfield drift experience is enough to drive me mad after half an hour or so.

As for the rest of the show, I thought it wasn't a patch on my last visit a couple of years ago  :(

Now I love the speed series and motorsport in general but the monotonous noise from the Westfield drift experience is enough to drive me mad after half an hour or so.

The acrid smell of the tyre smoke is also a bit much - you expect a bit, but it's just relentless.

• Like 1

...don't knock it.  The seed of Westfield ownership is firmly planted in many young and not so young souls through the drifting experience.  It shows what tough cars they are.

• Like 2

I agree with martin, best experience for my fifteen year old son and nephew and will stick in their minds

You guys are not selling this for me next year... :(

I agree with what Ross said, great way to get the young un's interested

But me personally, I wouldn't go to the show again.

Steve - Rich has one of my hats for you we missed you unfortunately

Great show , WSCC effort was sterling as always ( Well done Andy and everyone else who played a part in it before during and after ), with the hall this year having more cars on the Sunday was great . Good to see some excellent new build cars too especially the S2000 ones . 

I did feel the show as such had shrunk again slightly , however I got most things I was looking for , again it seemed to a WSCC show ;)

I always view it as a great WSCC show, with other kit cars too. Fantastic effort by the team, thanks to you all.