Manchester invite you to the Ale Trains March 14th

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

I'm up for meeting you all in dewsbury with Marcus. I won't have time to make the day of it but it will be good to have a catch up.

• Like 2

super..

thread updated and your ears must have been burning because me and lee were sharing a couple of coco cola's and talking about you (in a good way) see you there

• 2 weeks later...

Does this need a bump

Bob

BTTT again :)

This absolutely definitely IS on! 

John & Me WILL be there :d  even if on our own  :down:  

Plan is to meet at Piccadilly Station underneath the display board @ 1015am prompt, with objective of catching train out at 1040am.

Beverages will start being consumed in the Cellar Bar (click here) Batley  at around mid day  :t-up:

We are intending to buy tickets in advance, although those that wish can leave it until the day.

We do need to know if your coming so we can look out for you at Manchester, John will have his AO shirt on.

Here's a link to our planned route...

http://www.realaletrail.net/trail/29604

Attendee's  :ww: from ALL areas
John Williams (Panda)
Dave Richings (Smeg)
Wayne Shepherd 
Marcus Barlo
John Walters (shaggydoo)
Bob (S2rrr)
Scot (Wingnut) +1

All't'best
David

Have done similar in the past but won't be able to join you this time :(

However, you are missing out on a treat by not going to the Head of Steam on Huddersfield Station (it;s WAY better than the Kings Head and to this day I don't know why Oz and James missed it...) If you can spare more time in Huddersfield, you MUST go the the Rat and Ratchet!

It's possible that I and a couple of others will be up doing something similar in September. We drive up and over the Peaks to Huddersfield on Saturday and the following day do Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Leeds and back for a curry and a pint. Monday is a rest day and we make our way back dharn sarf in the afternoon. Would be good to meet up at some point along that crawl! But that's something for later - did not mean to hijack this.

Would love to have joined you, but every weekend's spare moments are tied up with car building at the moment ready for IVA.

sorry guys for not biggin' this up been a little distracted..... back on track now!!!

alrighty anyone else in?....  thank you david aka Smeg for helping out; had a bit on my plate this week, i'm sure it will all come to light on the journey....

see those on the platform at 10:15...

Bob i'm not sure we have met... i'll be wearing my AO shirt and suggest meeting under the big platform boards.

cheers

John

Yes John we may have met but probably in passing at Stoneleigh or at the factory days, so I'll look out for the AO shirt and the red carnation, thanks for the simple recognition system beats having a huge flag . Depending on the weather I will probably have my WSCC jacket on so if I walk by give me a shout. I will be there before the witching hour under the display at no later than 10:15, I want to make sure I get the same ticket as you guys, we have 25 minutes to sort that till the 10:40 departs. Looking forward to it, hope the trains have facilities. :p

Bob :d

• Like 1

BTTT For any latecomers...

all welcome.

Just let us know and we'll look out for you.

Thanks smeg see you there

At heald green waiting for the first train of the day.

Waiting for oposing direction tram :)

Must be the earliest I've headed out for a pub crawl :d

Waiting for oposing direction tram :)

Must be the earliest I've headed out for a pub crawl :d