i will just leave this here

wacomuk

I like that! Anyone got else got one?

Tempted to find one!

mmmm

me too with the amount of wetness I drive through!

It never made it into production (proper) unfortunately. I can't remember just how many were made, but it's only a handful 4? 6? Something like that.

I like the idea though, shame it doesn't look as good in place as that VW roof! Personally, if one could be made that didn't look atrocious, I would actually be interested. I know it's not for everyone, but would suit my all year round use. The trouble is, there are just sooooo many obstacles to overcome, trying to make one that would fit all the cars of whatever body style it was aimed at.

There is a fella who made one for a Dax Rush and it looks pretty good but is £3000 to buy from memory.

Nearer £4k I suspect you'll find. But that's for a fully finished/trimmed/fitted hard top. It blends well with the shape of the Rush too, and looks well thought out.

It's funny, it seems almost cyclical, we've not had one for a bit, but every two or three years or so we often get someone pop up on the Boardroom with plans to develop and make a new Westfield hard top. A quick straw poll often gets a half dozen or so people saying yes I'm interested, subject to cost etc. And that's where it all starts coming apart! If the potential developer asks what people would be prepared to pay, you'll usually find the majority will say somewhere between £1000 and £1500, most of the rest will be under £1000. And I suspect, all will want something almost plug and play for that.

So the project generally falls at that first hurdle, there's no where near a big enough market to do it at a budget price. Especially as it's almost certainly going to be a complicated struggle to design something capable of working with the huge tolerance range of Westfield bodywork.

All that said, I still believe, if someone with enough skill and design flair took a real lateral thinking approach to the problem, it could be done, though I don't think it would ever be cheap. And you might have to adopt the AA Composites approach - ie just like with their interchangeable windscreen/aeroscreen system, which uses a "re-design" of the uprights. To make a decent interchangeable hardtop, it might be simplest to start with a redesign of the windscreen and it's uprights.