Wing mirrors for windscreen pillar - '92 narrow body

Canadian_Westy

Happy New Year folks. I have some sort of Formula Ford style wing mirrors on my doors, but would like mirrors on the windscreen pillars for when I've got the doors off. Westfield parts advise the current wing mirrors don't fit an early narrow body any more since the windscreen has evolved over the years.

Looks like the pillar has 2 screw holes for attaching a mirror. I'd like something fairly small. Anyone know of any mirrors that would fit - motorbike mirrors, perhaps?

Thanks!

The official mirror was a universal one that screwed into the top two windscreen mount holes.

I replaced mine with the smaller style race mirror and screwed it into the top hole used for attaching the windscreen.pilar to the body. You just require something with a long m6 fixing.

A few people, including me, have fitted the current style pillars and rover mirrors

These give an excellent rear view

I tried a few aftermarket mirrors but the image was never right-some were like looking into a spoon - others gave the impression that a vehicle was far away when infact it was on you

OE mirrors will give you the correct field of view,i feel much happier on motorways etc

Back when my car still had a windscreen I had a couple of aluminium adaptors made to attach the Rover mirrors to my windscreen pillars. The pillars were slightly different from yours with a small raised flat area and a single drilled fixing hole in them. They were the best mirrors I have had on the car. Much better field of view than any after market ones and gave a very good all round awareness. I am sure a suitable adaptor can be made to attach the current mirrors to your pillars.

Jen

Not sure if the pillars are the same as mine is a '98 wide, but the previous owner fitted these single bolt type mirrors through the windscreen pillar, hopefully you can see from the photos below what I mean:

WP_001802.jpg

WP_001803.jpg