motor for SWMBO

alexander72

Mk 1 Touareg is a great car; feels very robust; tows beautifully; loved mine.

None of the big 4x4 SUVs will do much better than low-to-mid thirties to the gallon -- fact of life (and probably a law of physics for a two ton car the size of a small house).

Two notes of caution though: Mk1 Touareg will cost £400+ road tax with a V6 or V10 engine, and most don't have heated washer jets (doesn't sound much, but a real pain).

Looks like we are ending up with keeping the 10 tonne horse lorry, selling the trailer hence no towing requirement and me getting jag estate or RR sport for work and Polo or Fiesta ST Ecoboost for the lumpy bloke.... :d

Why not tow with the RRS?  They've not gone and lightened what that can tow have they (I think they used to be in the 3500 club?)?

Keep both then and have best of both worlds :-)  

We used to have a lorry but got rid of it as the running costs weren't justified by the use it got.  We'll probably get another in the future though as they are definitely better.

Lorries are so much better than trailers for horses.

Completely agrea, wish we'd had one when I competed many many years ago.

I got used to towing 2 horses in my Ivor Williams when I was doing jumping and cross-country ..... i was under 12 stones then!

Update for the brethren and sisteren:

We kept the MAN 10.163 horse Lorry - might be my race truck for 2016 season - watch this space if I can fit a tail lift or fettle a ramp :-)

Debbie has bought a Focus 1.6 Tdci estate - £30 to tax, good MPG and loads of space for kit.

RR Sport or Disco sport for me next summer all being well.....

you can deffo get them as ive seen some lorries at shows witht them lifting the nags up.

when i was with the x with the lorry i looked into gettting the car in hers. 2 things were a problem. the first was it wasnt long enough but it wasnt a massive lorry. the other was the lip at the top of the ramp and the angle of the ramp.