Novice looking to join ?

thinkturbo

Same for my 1992 SEIW which only had one rear mount so welded 2 on

It's seems too much work involved, and cost with all needed to go racing, so I'll carry on road racing my local Ragley loop unofficially, keep to road legal fun.

See my Worcestershire meet post?

i have an old chassis and i just replaced one of the roll bar bolts for one with a eye on the end problem solved will try and put a pic up so you can see

i have an old chassis and i just replaced one of the roll bar bolts for one with a eye on the end problem solved will try and put a pic up so you can see

Hasn't this got to be a Welded to the chassis to pass scruiteneering?,

Also if I can't get a Narrow msa roll bar , I can't anyway...

To my knowledge Westfield only make their MSA rollbar for their current wide chassis not the narrow. The best off the shelf options available would either be the playskool bar or the old Westfield 'RAC' bar although this can be a bit low for some people.

If you can't find one second hand then there's plenty of places that could also make a compliant bar for you for not much difference in price to buying off the shelf.

Cheers Mark, I hope to source one, one way or another or I can't race next season

Chatting with Luke, as PS, so will up date soon, as I'm sure I won't be the only one, buying an old girl with a mighty heart, looking to rag it in the speed series next yr, or further yrs.

I've still got the materials left from when I made my timing strut last year, happy to make you one if it helps?

Cost to make a timing strut is a bout £5 for a bit of black sprayed ally and a couple of fixing screws. MSA blue book tells you the size and position required

If you paid any more than £30 to get the mounts welded on I would be surprised. You can do all the prep yourself and woukd take minutes to weld them on.