LED combined stop/tail/indicator lights

Quinten

Yes, it was seeing this affect on production cars that got me thinking, when I was looking for LED lamps; hence trying them before buying!

looks like a clear lense and i bet just 2 coloured led,s behind it so being bespke and that may be the reason you can,t find it on the web. might be that you look for the housing and make it bespoke youself.

just my thoughts.

Terry

No, they are nothing like it I'm afraid.  The ones in your link are 'handed', of which there are plenty of others.  Mine (I wish!) have the indicator as a rectangle border around the stop/tail part.

• 8 months later...

Well, I never found the ones that I spotted that day, but I did come across these beauties

Got them from Roadvision in Australia, had them shipped to a friend living there and then 'smuggled' into the UK by his dad when he returned from a trip 'down under'.

2015-07-04+17_00_37.jpg

• Like 1

And after a small hickup with the 1st set of a HK special (burned brightly for 3 seconds and then it was an ex-HK special), I installed a high level brake light tonight as well.

2015-07-08+20_08_06.jpg

It has also got a 'dim' mode for when the side lights are on, and features indicators (below image has the hazards on).

2015-07-08+20_08_54.jpg

Christmas tree? Maybe, but I'd rather be seen from afar, then missed from nearby ;)

Only issue I discovered is that it 'leaks' some current to the stop light on the arches, so ordered some diodes to put a stop to that...

looks nice and slim - where did you find it, Quinten?

And today's moral of the story is: check you've done your cable ties up correctly...

2015-07-18+14_41_37.jpg

Got stopped 3 times by concerned motorists on Thursday/Friday that my lights were flickering on/off all the time like a mobile disco. When I checked the car over whilst parked everything was working as it should, but on Friday afternoon I disconnected the high level brake light which I had attributed to be the cause of the problem and drove home without my lights on.

So into the garage again today and focussing on the connector for the high level brake light and then (after pretty much ripping everything out) discovering that the cause was a failed/incorrectly done up tie wrap on one of the rear lights is a proper forehead slapping moment  :bangshead:

Glad you got it sorted Quinten :yes: