• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Tricky's Treat, Tour of the Peak District, Sun 26th October

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

This Sunday Tricky is going to Treat us to a mystery tour of the Peak District. I have no idea where we are going but it is in what Richard calls his playground so it should be good.

Meet at Fairholmes, Upper Derwent Visitor Centre at 10am, at the snack bar/toilet block.

As usual there will be a cafe stop involved and a mid-run get out for anyone who does not require a full day out. For the rest of us the plan is to finish at The Strines for a final coffee at/before 4pm.

Everyone is welcome - come on Barry rally the troops, especially my fave Elise.

See you there, Julie.

• Like 1

Hi Julie and Glen

The troops will be gathered, even the Imperial Stormtroopers ;)

Barry

• Like 1

It was good to meet you all, hope you had fun at the oil can café, shame I had to get off early ! 

Good run out today chaps and chapesses, 6 westys, and approx 100miles. Didn't get wet at all though it looked like it might rain all day, thanks for coming, hope there was something in the route we covered for everyone I know I enjoyed it.

Oh and err, Julie can't believe you had all that car park to go at, at the oil can cafe!

IMAG11751_zps003dd286.jpg

Typical woman driver. :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

• Like 1

I like the NO PARKING sign! 

Great run and thanks for meeting up half way round. Was a good first run for the new gearbox.

Great run and thanks for meeting up half way round. Was a good first run for the new gearbox.

Yes whining nicely.........................................................just like it's owner.

:p

Regarding the No Parking sign, it does not apply to Westfields, you see people love them so much they are just happy for them to be in their car park. Did I get away with that one?

Got to go, Guy Martin is on, pics and videos to come soon.

Regarding the No Parking sign, it does not apply to Westfields, you see people love them so much they are just happy for them to be in their car park. Did I get away with that one?

Got to go, Guy Martin is on, pics and videos to come soon.

You'll get away with it now! 

IMAG1175_zps5f4d2b9f.jpg

• Like 1

Ha Ha. Right, first off a great big thank you to Richard for treating us to a great day out. (Barry asked me to send a big thanks too). It was a good mix of twisty stuff and empty stuff all with great views. 

Started off at Fairholmes with Tuonokid Mk1and 2, Jim and Leanne in their newly purchased Westfield, and Andy and Jill who came all the way from Goole. Tricky and us of course. I thought the lovely red Elise that pulled up in the car park was coming too, but no such luck.

We went up to Owler Bar, through the 13 bends near Bakewell to end up at The Yonderman bikers cafe for lunch. (signed photo of Guy Martin on the wall - a girl notices these things!).

We picked up Filfan and headed off to Edale, along some empty ex Tour De France roads to Bradfield, which had several TVR's parked up, to land at Midhopestones. Here Jim, Leanne, Andy and Jill headed off home. The rest of us carried on to the very busy Oil Can Cafe led by the Tuono kids.

After that Filfan and Tricky headed off home and the Tuonos and us went to The Strines for a last coffee until the light faded. Barry rang me later to say he passed Kev and Jane in the little red MX5 on the way home.

9 hours and 150 miles in a Westfield with lovely cars and great people all topped off with Guy Martin in his underpants on TV, what a fantastic day, thank you to everyone for turning out.

Pics and vids coming up.

TrickysTreatOct2014035_zps6a668134.jpg

At the Yonderman cafe.

TrickysTreatOct2014008_zpsd0cde87c.jpg

En-route, Tricky up front, followed by Jim and Leanne.

TrickysTreatOct2014039_zps90917fd8.jpg

Saying goodbye in Midhopestones

The GlenPro has been at it again, on the 13 bends near Bakewell.

Now, Tricky, about the parking picture, you can go on my 'Little Git' list with Barry who posted my secret Hulme End video. I have a name to live up to OCLO.

• Like 1