V8 Knowledge Required

Young Pretender

I've seen a few examples with rear exit exhausts - is there a good reason someone would opt for this (over side exit) beyond aesthetics and burnt legs?

Seems like it would reduce ground clearance quite a bit.

Underslung was the original factory option. (I believe). And probably fine unless you want to lower the car for track play etc! I had to change mine to side exit as the underslung system had been reduced to half its diameter by speed bumps.

No problem with burnt legs or too noisy. Just don't touch the pipes! Silencers never seem to get too hot and warm the hands nicely on chilly days!

You will probably get a more technical answer re ideal pipe diameter, silencer config from a more knowledgeable owner than me!

pretty sure original factory SEiGHT was side exit  :)​ 

Regarding the power - Mine's a 4.3 (perhaps). Revs cleanly to 6k and produces 250BHp and 250ft/lb at 5.4k.

Accoring to the history (which the previous owner said he had doubts about - i have a doc that came with it from Ian Croaker describing what he did to it):

John Eales built 4.2  with Rhodes lifters

ported head

hot cam

Eidelbrock carb

No idea if the documents I have is for my car. The one photo of it has the wrong reg, and he talks about a quaif lsd and rear ARB, neither of which my car had. Saying that, my car has been hacked about a bit - there is clear evidence of a full race cage existing in the past that is not there now. Either way, some work has been done to get 6k and 250bhp

Anyhow, 4.2/4.3 - 250 Bhp.

IMG_1684_zps402345fc.jpg

p.s. with the silencer guards mine has, you can hold the cans all day long with no real heat.