ZETEC-SE 1.6 RACE ENGINE FOR SALE VERY HIGH SPEC

BLOGGY S7

I know that this wont sell quickly and I am in no immediate rush to sell. But the time has come for me to sell my 1.6 race engine complete with throttle bodies and ECU loom etc out of my car. The only reason for the sale is that I have recently bought my own house, and it makes sense to reduce the amount of money that I have tied up in a race engine; as unfortunately I am not going to be able to use the car anywhere near the same as I did. Therefore I am going to be fitting a standard spec engine into its place for the time being.  I understand that more and more westfield owners like to keep their costs down and people weighing up the price of engines like these rarely see the value in them, but i can assure you, a professionally built and mapped/sealed engine like this will not be cheap to get this spec and as any building engines know there are a lot of hidden costs involved, which suck up time, money and resources.

With all the above said. Please see the Specification below:

Zetec-SE / Sigma 1600cc
LW knife edge crank
Shot peened std rods
Omega forged slipper pistons 12:1 CR
Ported head with larger exhaust valves matched to Jenvey 40 DTH
HD valve springs
HD big end bolts
SS5 cams
Vernier pulleys
HD cam belt tensioner
Baffled shortened sump
LW flywheel
Omex 600 with map to suit setup
Loom for omex
Sensors for omex
Motorsport spec TPS
Fuel pressure regulator
Set new 330cc injectors
Jenvey linkage
Jenvey trumpets
Pair S/H 40 jenveys matched to head

198bhp @ 8100

137 lbft @ 6180

I bought all of the above brand new at the end of 2010 for £5200 ready for the car to be used in 2011. Due to a family member bereavement in 2011, the car was only used once. From that time the engine has only covered approximately 8-10 trackdays.

The engine sounds amazing with its high revving capability, and draws lots of attention. I have only ever run the engine on Millers CFS Fully Synthetic 10W-50 oil, used for running in purposes; and since then Petronas Syntium Racer X1 10W-60 engine oil. I have changed the oil and filter after every track day with no exceptions. The engine builder told me that this was over kill, especially with using such good oil. But I believe that oil and filter changes are what keep an engine in tip top condition.  

NOW SOLD. THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST.

As there is over £2000 worth of injection system/injectors and Omex ECU and professional loom. It means that somebody will be getting the engine for only £1750

The engine is still currently fitted in the car, so if you would like to hear the engine running then this is possible.

I will add pictures if required or if you PM me your email address I can forward pictures on to you.

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes still for sale Mark.

Thanks Paul.

Now that I have the video downloads working. Please see the below link to hear the engine in action at Oulton Park.

• 4 weeks later...

NOW SOLD TO "MARKBISHOP" WHO HAS PUT IT IN HIS SPRINT CAR HOPE YOU ENJOY?  

THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST. 

BEING 2 SECONDS FASTER AT BLYTON PARK ON YOUR FIRST RUN OUT RECENTLY SOUNDS PROMISING TO ME  :d  

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.