Bargain trackday, Silverstone GP circuit

SteveH

They've just had Mick Fleetwood on BBC Breakfast and they played The Chain. How did they know? :laugh:

I'm just a 'Jealous Guy' (Lennon)  :down:

have a great day chaps - might just pop over later in the Trevor (Silver T350 - keep your eyes peeled)

Well I guess I'm one of the first home as I live just an hour from Silverstone and having left when the session was red flagged and it started raining.

A great day with some very quick cars on track. Well organised by Circuit Days. Only down side was that most of the WSCC folk were at one end of the paddock and the garage, shared by Chris and me, was at the other. I managed to say hello to a couple of you but, as luck would have it, most were out on track and the remaining three or four were getting ready to leave. Maybe another time.

Many thanks to Steve H for sorting this.

Car's now being laid up for the winter for a partial strip and a damn good clean and tidy up ready for the Sprint season in March.

Thanks again and I hope all had a safe and enjoyable day and a safe journey home.

Gerry.

What a great day weather held and some amazing machines in action on track. Very long circuit, at 3.6ish miles. I had a bit of an impromptu ending at about 2.30, sorry that red flag was from me! Slowing from 110mph, turns out some where around that point my dry sump belt snapped! Power cut and saw oil pressure on 0.coasted off track and it wouldn't turn over. After tow back, inspect and both dry sump and alternator belts are gone and alternator lose. I fear engine ceased. Would ask suggest that's terminal?

Got to say hi to a few of the wscc PEPs, great to meet you all.

On the plus side I managed a passenger ride, after my failed, in a gtr, was awesome!

Hope you all had a great day too, looks like my winter will be sorting the engine that I only just got back from the garage after mucho headwork.... Doh...

Good to see you guys - great people and cars :-)

Got a few pickies to post up, probably tomorrow now as of out shortly

Just got home, absolutely stonking day. Great to meet up with new and old friends. Weather apart from a few spots was cold but ok. For Nov you can't ask for much more. Bring in 2015

What an awesome track day! :)

The weather held apart from a brief light shower mid afternoon, just when I was having my tuition session!

Great to see several fellow Westie owners and put some boardroom names to faces.

There certainly were some very quick machines out there.

Great to end the day with photos on the grid.

Many thanks to Paul for sharing his garage with me.

Great to be back out in the car but was really struggling for lack of power down the straights as there were some quick cars around today.

Sorry I didn't get to say many hellos but I think all swept wing cars (ie mine) were banished to the far end of the pit lane. Other than that, excellent organised track day.

Feeling pretty tired now but looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.

Alistair

Big thanks to Steve H and sorry didn't manage to chat with anyone. 

Had a great day in the Z4.  Hoping the Westfield will be ready for the next one.

Cheers

Barry

First the downside

Oldham to Silverstone 3 hours on Wednesday :)

Silverstone to Oldham 4 3/4 hours on Thursday night, that we did not not need :(

It was walking pace on the M6 from J7 to J10

Ok now the positives.

AWESOME is not a word I use very often. I have attended many GPs at Silverstone and I allways watch final qualifying from Chapel looking down Beckets towards maggots.

To watch Fi cars through the Maggots, Beckets, Chapel complex is just AWESOME. :d

Now let me tell you, to experience this complex from the drivers seat is SERIOUSLY AWESOME .

I now have far more respect for the F1 guys

Finally what a great day in great company, I didn't get around much to meet the other Westy guys, I just didn't seem to have a spare minute, but it was nice to meet the ones I did speak to. I shared a garage with Oily Steve, and he’s not really oily at all, in fact i was the oily one, cos' My BGH type 9 gearbox developed a small leak, what a great guy with a nice car in the right colour :t-up: 

And in case any of you dont know, it's my birthday week, and I wasn't allowed to forget it. :laugh: 

IMGP0034.jpg

Photographer's name was  Nick.  That's probably not what you meant though  :laugh: , you can contact him via FB - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xtreme-Sports-Photography/155049157989438

Glad you guys had a good day, sorry we didn't manage to get everyone all together on the garages - thought we'd got them all but must have missed a couple off the list  :blush: .

I was flat out instructing all day so didn't get to see much of the club guys but it looked like you were all getting plenty of track time in, it was noted that everyone from the club was very well mannered on circuit so hopefully more deals like this will be forthcoming for next year  :t-up: .