New Westfield owner 1990 stage3 xflow. Help already :)!

samh_31

Sam

Nice to have another local owner, if you look at the members map you will see we are a bit thin on the ground in Wiltshire.

On my car I am currently about half way through the wiring and the body tub is just sitting on the chassis. Aligning and fitting that will be the next job.

Funny thing is that I was in Melksham yesterday and parked in the centre next to a Q reg Marlin!

I used to work with a friend from Melksham Glenn Cox who is also into kitcars.

Regards

Dave

Djm,

Can't say I know of a Glenn Cox. I don't know anyone else with a kit car on a personal level. Hopefully I'll meet some fellow owners on track days at Combe and halavington next year!

Will you be doing some track days when the cars up and running?!

Sam

Sam

Probably its going to be a tourer that I can use as much as I can in my retirement. Glenn is currently running a BRG MK1 Mazda MX5 with gold coloured minilites at the moment I believe.

Dave

You could try http://www.jlspares.co.uk/further.htm or http://www.pastparts.co.uk/reman.htm for either a rebuild / re-sleeve or replacement rubbers if they have them.

Agree that the "tag" is usually brown (Girling) it may be an exchanged or re-manufactured unit but there should be a number on the tag which will often give these repair guys a clue (these parts are often so old even Google doesn't know about them). The modern Westfield one looks very similar but more horizontal and is made by Girling for Morgan, Westfield and Caterham - and you can't get spares for that either as far as I know (new cylinder is £120 ish) :( .

Shame that there are so many bits now that you can't source anymore, so having something repaired or re-manufactured often works out cheaper in the long run.  

Rebuilt the MC today with all new seal. Removing the resivior was a pain in the ass but otherwise reasonably easy. Just need to fill her up and bleed the brakes and see if it's any good.

3B00C98A-3D17-438B-A1A8-B7900DF6D18E_zps

Be a good idea to get the master cylinder honed. If it is glazed the new seals won't bed in.

I love the blue Westfields, good choice Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

So rebuilding the master cylinder didn't work out, looking into getting it re bored.

Is there any other alternative to the mk3 cortina master cylinder.

Sam