Mental woman next door.....

Lyonspride

Continue to wonder how did that screw get there? - there's no evidence after all - and ignore the silly cow.

Smile and wave it'll flummox them. You win by being decent eventually. War with the neighbours is horrible. Had a neighbour seemed to be mad at us all the time we just continued to smile and wave they cracked in the end had to be nice back...

Spend 90p on a football, give it to the kid.

This man wins.

police will do chuff all no point involving them. any of the suggetions above... buying a football my just antagonise her more and make it look like you did do it, although get a ball chuck it over one night and deny all knowledge ....

its little coincidental that you get a nail in the tyre...

cant help but wonder what hammering frozen sausages into the lawn will be do apart from making you look a bit odd???

cant help but wonder what hammering frozen sausages into the lawn will be do apart from making you look a bit odd???

I had to Google that one!

The suggestion regarding buying a new ball, part of me thinks that'll just look like an admission of guilt. I did however consider spending £100 on as many cheap balls as I could buy, and then having them delivered en mass into their garden one day :p

I would go with what Nemesis suggested, even though you didn’t puncture the ball it might have lost air whilst lying out there or landed on something sharp etc. etc., I would take a box of sweets and talk to your neighbour. It might be a good time to get over prejudices and build a better relationship with your neighbour.

If you start the retaliation game it could well spiral out of control, and life is just too short to waste on such trivialities. Involve the police as a last resort.

Spend 90p on a football, give it to the kid, that should completely flummox the daft cow

What I would do as well,   then at least you tried the friendly, make it up bit.   If that doesn't work then have a 'Peace wall' built around her house and garden, about 20ft high.

Good advice about being friendly, neighbour disputes are bad, bad news and just not worth the hassle.

Disputes with neigbours are not worth it

As has been said buy a cheap ball for the kid but make it clear it's not because you burst it its because he a good kid and he needed a ball

Also googled the frozen sausage idea, as it had me perplexed. Apart from the tears of laughter I am now worried that the NSA, GCHQ etc will have been monitoring an increase of sausage related sabotage searches on the internet, expect your local butcher to be extrodinarily renditioned (is that a word?) within days.

I feel your pain, but as a glass half full kind of chap ... be cheerful that you have entertained your fellow WSSC'ers - at least one positive outcome

• Like 1

If you present her with a new football it would be an admission of your previous guilt. No way would she see it otherwise or even admit to any retribution in the tyre. Just let it drop but check your tyres regularly especially if you are replacing them. A video camera helps. It may be an idea to let her know you are putting up a camera even if you don't because of the football damage and the tyre damage you are worried that some scally family are targeting the pair of you.  At least she may know that everyone is being watched - or not as the case may be.

Bob :d

It may be an idea to let her know you are putting up a camera

Equally, she could run around the street telling everyone i'm a Paedophile because i've set up a camera to film her kids.

Got to be really bl**dy careful these days, it's always guilty before proven innocent. People light the torches and reach for the pitchforks without even considering that a person may be the innocent party.

But I may well consider speaking to most of my neighbours and telling them i'm putting up a camera because my property has been targeted/damaged. Go about it the right way and they'll be glad it's there.

You could always type in "free brochure" into google, I'll leave the rest up to you. Other ideas if you know her phone number, an advertisement in the local/national paper is always a good one. Or wait for them to go on holiday and then turn off their electricity supply from the box outside. The smell from their fridge freezer will be tremendous.

But remember, revenge is always a dish best served cold!

Also had to google about the sausage, did make me laugh...

I'm in the 'de-escalate' camp.

When folk advocate some form of revenge, ask yourselves how far are you prepared to take this?

Most of us are sensible folk so might respond in kind and think that will teach them a lesson and eventually it will go away.

But... For this woman to react like she did in the first place has to make you wonder if she has a good grip on reality. Could she be suffering a mental condition?

Remember these folk have no limits and each time they are bested, they come back harder and nastier. And also they don't escalate in small steps. It can go Postal with no warning.

Is our own pride at being 'beaten by the nutter next door' really more important than the risk of a false pedo claim or God forbid your car being fire bombed..?

Do you work? Do you go on Holliday? Do you have family?

If the answer to any of those is yes, be very, very careful about moving from "pub banter" type "I'd like to do..." To actually doing any of them.

As I said earlier, my next door neighbour but one tried the "clever" approach. It got his and his wife's cars regular keyed, his kids beaten up a few times and some really nasty stuff done to them and the house. Plus they were absolutely shameless at yelling for the Police every time they could and spinning some sob story or other. He was the one that ended up getting nicked all the time. 

Thank God I was just a student in digs and could move easily enough!

• Like 1