Mega S2000

Glyn

Glyn, only done about 700 miles so still early days. it is however everything I wanted and some...performance is staggering, I'd compare it to my (previous) Ducati 900 only it's more safe on B road corners. you asked about options and their value. mine has all sorts but I've no previous reference points to compare to. my one bit of advice is research the race brakes option. the brakes on mine are simply stunning and are a worthy companion to the warp speed performance. have you read the 2 magazine articles on the S2000?

anyway, I've got to go lie in the sun for another week (but counting the days till I can get out for a decent blat again.)

are you going to the open day at the factory?

• 2 weeks later...

Glyn, only done about 700 miles so still early days. it is however everything I wanted and some...performance is staggering, I'd compare it to my (previous) Ducati 900 only it's more safe on B road corners. you asked about options and their value. mine has all sorts but I've no previous reference points to compare to. my one bit of advice is research the race brakes option. the brakes on mine are simply stunning and are a worthy companion to the warp speed performance. have you read the 2 magazine articles on the S2000?anyway, I've got to go lie in the sun for another week (but counting the days till I can get out for a decent blat again.)are you going to the open day at the factory?

Where would I find the magazine articles ?

One of them is in the news section of the WSC factory web site. Not seen the other article though.

Ok, thanks Dave.

On a side note, has there been many 2nd hand mega s2000's up for sale ? What do they fetch 2nd hand ?

The "second" feature was in Kitcar Magazine November 2013, p42 "Mega Milestone" by Rob Hawkins

There was actually a 3rd feature also in KitCar (September 2013 p29) called VTEC Progress, which was more of a development update with lots of shots from the build process at the factory and a paragraph or two on each of the main build components.

I'd happily take photos of the features and or compile pdfs and post up here but I'm sure that would break copyright etc?????  any suggestions?.

I've never seen a used Mega S2000 up for sale, apart from the factory demonstrator of course. Probably too new and not too many out there yet.

Other than the factory demo car, one of our "frequent builders" sold his Mega S2000 for somewhere around the £19/20k mark IIRC

The only other one I've seen for sale was the supercharged S2000S, which wasn't a sale I'd read too much into; the owner was selling it for a number of personal reasons, health not the least of them. It all got a bit complicated and "messy", and in the end was just chopped out at a steal of a price.

mine was the used one which I sold about 12 months ago well I say used had less than 500 miles on the clock bl**** wish I hadn't now  it was awesome real nice spec car too but in a moment of madness I sold it but you live and learn don't you.I have started to build another but trying to top the spec of the old one is a little hard but going for a windscreen setup this time around.

I had an email yesterday from the factory that there is an offer on at the moment but I deleted it but mistake but sure if you call the sales department they will help you out.

That email said it was 10% off kits in October. I wonder if you could also wangle in the 10% off all future parts purchases too that they sometimes do for Stoneleigh?

what you mean dave , he was not right in the head

I had no end of agro off him including insults ,threats ,sending me pictures of his bank statements etc he even found my ebay account and  bid stupid amounts on all 13 of my ebay items I had for sale , took me hours to delete his bids and block him , I believe a few others had similar dealings with him

he was one to steer clear off

nice car though :laugh:

• Like 1

I was being diplomatic.

(I had some odd emails too, but then I've had some bad times with illness and other issues, when I've felt like jumping off the deepend too... So I have some sympathy)

I was being diplomatic to wuv :blush:

• Like 1

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: