Uzi 9mm - in the hands of a 9 year old girl

Mooch

Because drug dealers will buy them...

They are pretty much useless and fall into the same camp as the Ingram Mach 10, the best, worst example of a spray and pray Machine pistol you could ask for.

Your right, they build them because they can and a few terribly misguided morons want to show off.

Rather worryingly, it's not the first time something incredibly similar has happened.

Christopher Bizilj accidently shot himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun. The boy’s father was supporting his son from behind as he started firing the weapon. As Bizilj pulled the trigger, “the front end of the weapon went up with the backfire and he ended up receiving a round in his head,” police Lt. Hipolito Nunez told the AP. In addition to his father, Bizilj was being supervised by one of the club’s certified instructors when he inflicted the lethal injury on himself.

I too have no problem with people owning guns and getting youngsters involved, however. I cannot see the sense in having machine guns allowed to anyone except armed forces or law enforcement. Hunting with a shotgun or rifle then fine but hunting with a machine gun?

I also agree that the way the ban on hand guns was done was shameful. Law abiding citizens were treated like criminals, businesses went to the wall because of the actions of a lunatic or two. Once the bandwagon was rolling led by hysteria it was inevitable the government would take the popular line, pity they do not do that on important issues.

As I said in my first post Americans do see disconnected from reality when it comes to guns and regardless on how the instructor behaved a small child with an uzi on fully automatic is insane.

• Like 2

Americans do see disconnected from reality when it comes to guns and regardless on how the instructor behaved a small child with an uzi on fully automatic is insane.

I agree, but if you lived in a country that has everything, one you never needed to leave and you never really get to experience other cultures, wouldn't you be slightly disconnected from reality?

I mean, when they come to the UK, they basically just go to London, as if London is somehow remotely an accurate representation of the rest of England.

Many never leave their home state, let alone the country and it's no surprise that religion has such a stranglehold over such large areas of the US.

Trying to comment on US culture is like the US sending troops into Iraq expecting the locals to suddenly start acting all westernised  (and didn't that turn out well).

We'll never understand their obsession with guns, it's just too deeply ingrained into their society.

I agree, but if you lived in a country that has everything, one you never needed to leave and you never really get to experience other cultures, wouldn't you be slightly disconnected from reality?

I mean, when they come to the UK, they basically just go to London, as if London is somehow remotely an accurate representation of the rest of England.

Many never leave their home state, let alone the country and it's no surprise that religion has such a stranglehold over such large areas of the US.

Trying to comment on US culture is like the US sending troops into Iraq expecting the locals to suddenly start acting all westernised  (and didn't that turn out well).

We'll never understand their obsession with guns, it's just too deeply ingrained into their society.

I love America and Americans, we are fortunate we have friends there so we do get to see more of the reality than the "Disney" version. They do have everything in many ways, some of the things they have though, we do not want and many Americans do not want them. In a country so vast the difference between the Area above New York and Texas is equally vast in culture and outlook.

There are many states that see the right to bear arms as something that is right and that for every death they create they save many more. I have no argument with that, you will never change that but would banning machine guns in private hands go against that? How many times could the use of a machine gun be required to protect your self?

America has real problems of low education is certain demographics, they have the rednecks, which makes our Chavs look tame gang culture and many other things wrong, but they do get things right, individual freedom, a culture to look after yourself not relying on state, although this is changing in some states.

Guns I can understand, weapons of war most sane Americans will say that is a freedom too far perhaps?

Guns I can understand, weapons of war most sane Americans will say that is a freedom too far perhaps?

The amazing thing is, the NRA types don't necessarily see the threat as from burglars and muggers, more the threat from the state itself.  They don't like the idea of the state having the monopoly on weaponry so will die in a ditch over the right to own something to fight back with if they ever have to.  That goes all the way back to the militias and the early amendments to the constitution (the right to bear arms etc).

I suspect this is why they get seriously upset when anyone suggests that the right to buy or own fully automatic assault rifles (that have no other practical use than killing a lot of people in a short period of time) should be removed.  

Never too early to train your kids to use them, it would seem.   You never know when them 8a$7ards in Washington will give the order to open fire on the people...

Typical yanks , bl**** stupid idea to let a 9 yr old use a weapon.