Clan McWesty - August Run Dates

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi ALL!

As we've had to postpone the 10th August run due to the imminent bad weather, let's look at what's left for August. Our diary has the Lead Hills run on 31st pencilled in however if it's preferable, this date could be brought forward to either the 17th or 24th.

Also, the Lead Hills doesn't have to be the destination of choice. Once to firm up a date, then we can look at the run - so get your suggestions in!

I can do 17th or 31st at the moment but would probably prefer the 17th. Reason being the track day is on Monday 25th and I plan to do that, so the 24th wouldn't be ideal. 17th spreads it out a bit.

Anyway, why is there such a poor response for the track day? Sounds like only me, Prisoner, Hornet and Kev have shown any interest.

Cheers,

Matt

Either 24th or 31st would be fine for me - Leadhills is local to me, so would still be my favourite route. :yes:

cheers,

Dave.

The Linlithgow Classics has their open day on Sunday 31st Aug. Dave Keddie (organiser) would be delighted to have a kit car section. There will be estimated 100 cars. I would like to Steward for him that day. It is located this year along a significant part of the High Street near and around the cross.

On Sunday the 17th I am signed up for the Forrestburn hill climb.

On the 23/24th I have committed to the Firtray Hill climb (near Aberdeen). Angus and I are doing a camping weekend.

(please come along and support me if you have the time or inclination).

On the 27th August MSCC are doing an evening open pit lane at Knockhill (not booked this yet waiting to see what happens on 25th).

On Monday 25th Aug full day open pit lane Knockhill - £150 has not been committed to other than by Hornet 600 so far (has he booked it yet?)

If any of the above is of interest I would be delighted to discuss on this forum esp Monday 25th at Knockhill. I cannot leave it much later to book Knockhill as I may need to book the MSCC event.

P.S. Matt is thinking of doing the Knockhill 25th event.

Yesterday's email from Westfield says they're checking stock to send me a new alternator under warranty so car not going far just now.

Come on then folks! There's not exactly been a huge response to Rab's post on a run this month, or the track day.

Get the finger out folks and make your feelings known!

Matt

• Like 1

Hi chaps can't make the 17th can make the 24th so fingers crossed that suits most?????

Okay, early indications would suggest that:

• Track day on Monday 25th would not be taken up by many (work day for most possibly).
  • 17th and 24th is split evens so far.
  • 31st for Lead Hills but Alastair has thrown in the Linlithgow Classics on the same day!

It's possible to bring forward the Lead Hills to the 17th or 24th and do the Classics on the 31st. It is a quiet period for our regional activities as many are still on family holidays, so I suggest that those that do respond should simply arrange amongst themselves through this post and the contact details that I sent out after Applecross. 

I will do the Linlithgow Classics and meet up with you (all that show some interest) if not then Kames has a test day and is usually a good day out. If anybody prefers that then mix that into the equation.

You could drop into Kames via Leadhills as it is located near Douglas/Muirkirk.

Sorry Robert, car is up north until September ish - Leadhills is right on my home doorstep, great  roads, have a good one - the wee cafe at Sanquar is nice, just watch the car park is very uneven. 

Hi chaps.............  So are there any plans for a run out this Sunday? I'm available and the weather forecast is looking promising??????

Sorry John, can't do the 24th but will come up to Knockhill on Monday (not on track unfortunately).

Matt

Weather looks good for Sunday...........  I'm going a run out, anyone esle want to join???????