Thoresby Park 13th & 14th Sept

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Aaarrrrrgh! I have just read the online results, it turns out I won my 2B class because car 36 was running in 2A not B as suggested on the computer timing screens at the event.

Question is, will I be able to collect a trophy for this, my first win and probably last?

shaggy if you was only person in class there no award im afraid :down:  good effort good times for the first time there

shaggy if you was only person in class there no award im afraid :down:  good effort good times for the first time there

nope there were 3 cars in that class so there should be an award. Terry usually likes to collect them

don't remember them calling out that award may be a oversight.

Yeah, a bit confused myself to be fair. Online entry list showed just myself but on the computer screens showed 3 runners using 3 cars. In fact it turned out to be 3 runners in 2 cars as one was a double drive. Car 36 was shown on screens as running in class 2b but online results showed him in 2a. I was looking at his times on the day thinking he beat me by a second.

Do you think I may have a case to argue? It's not much I know, but I would really like the trophy as pride of place on the bookshelf. :-)

its only a paper weight award nothing special  mate. worth a email maybe.

I think they were short of awards due to the changes in class on the day

thanks  dave  .you need to come and experience the thoresby barrels.  great event gets the mind focused

If it was Sunday I had to leave before the awards

I would email them

Here is my best effort from Saturday.

I did not see any attempts to select wrong gears there Mr Jelly Wobbles :laugh: