The end of an (XE) era

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, looks like I'm going to need more than just a longer first and sticky tyres for next season :cry:

Seriously Barny, well chuffed for you my friend and look forward to seeing the beast in action.

Martin, we're going to have to come up with a plan :p

I've already got one Christian, it involves a few more horses ;) a little less weight  :(  and mostly Driving Faster  :t-up:  :silver-westy:  :t-up:

• Like 1

Smeg, I beg to differ - I have seen barney and the mightiness is strong in him - to build his own mighty engine and compete it is a testament to the man - and ive seen the extreme XE in the back of his skoda today and its a savage beast on vauxhall engineering - might have to do my duratec i and be in B next year…. ;-) 

• Like 3

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, looks like I'm going to need more than just a longer first and sticky tyres for next season :cry:

Seriously Barny, well chuffed for you my friend and look forward to seeing the beast in action.

Martin, we're going to have to come up with a plan :p

Oh dear, I hate to tell you this, but that innocent looking little gearbox next to the spare block in the photo might just also contain a long first! Those "everyday" Ford casings are hiding a Quaife Pro HD SC set of innards!

• Like 1

Awesome news Barny,

I think you've made the right decision ( all be it a tuff one ) to move on from the mighty xflow  :down:  I know James will not agree but, bang for ya buck that XE is light years ahead :t-up: 

Really looking forward to watching Old Red transform into the Red Beast and help out where ever I can  :yes:

As for having you and the Red Beast in class B next season, I can't wait ( well maybe a little nervous ) as that XE looks fast, but is it faster than the Silver Bullet  :oops:  ???

• Like 1

• Like 1

I too have admired Barnies initial comitment to the cause.

But - the Church of Mighty Crossflowism appears to be crumbling in the face of newer beasts (and lack of oil consumption)

Your just scared of my zesty zetec and running away to the B side

Ha ha! So true Dave! :d I know when I'm beat ;)

Oh dear, I hate to tell you this, but that innocent looking little gearbox next to the spare block in the photo might just also contain a long first! Those "everyday" Ford casings are hiding a Quaife Pro HD SC set of innards!

Dave sssshh!!! I was trying to keep that one quiet! Oh well now the cats out the bag, I might as well 'fess up and admit I'm fitting an LSD too!

Awesome news Barny,

I think you've made the right decision ( all be it a tuff one ) to move on from the mighty xflow  :down:  I know James will not agree but, bang for ya buck that XE is light years ahead :t-up: 

Really looking forward to watching Old Red transform into the Red Beast and help out where ever I can  :yes:

As for having you and the Red Beast in class B next season, I can't wait ( well maybe a little nervous ) as that XE looks fast, but is it faster than the Silver Bullet  :oops:  ???

Cheers Mart, you're a gent :):t-up:

Red Beast eh? That one might stick...

Back on track, the whole XE car was excellent and if I'd had the brass I'd have happily taken the whole beast off of your hands Dave.

You put a lot of blood sweat and time into it so can understand how you feel about tis heading off to new parts.

• Like 1

Ah well, just have to cheer myself up with this!

IMAGE_76.jpg

:d :d :d

• Like 3

Ah well, just have to cheer myself up with this!

IMAGE_76.jpg

:d :d :d

Pastures new eh Dave  ;)

Barney, remember you're going to have to protect your chassis from the elements manually once you remove the mighty crossflow :laugh:

• Like 2

What makes you think I'll be removing the layers of pure crossflow gold that it's taken me so long to build up??

I would say something witty in response about your car Christian, but it's so bloomin' immaculate there's nothing I can comment on! Damn you and your shiny car! :d :D :d

• Like 1

I just hope It's not in our class next season :p

:down:  :down:  :down:

IMAGE_75.jpg

Don't worry to much Dave - you can always look at the oil stained floor to remind you that you owned a Vauxhall lump  :oops:

................I'll get my coat!

• Like 1

I ****** knew you'd spot that! I even splashed some cleaner down first! but didn't have time to let it dry before taking the shot.  :rolleyes: 

(It's why there's a damp patch under the stand)

Unfortunately, I was so busy wiping off the blobs of fresh oil - from the spare block - I oiled the bores earlier in the week, I didn't notice the two ruddy great patches nearer the front of the stand that had been there months, from the original strip down of the DS.

i only actually registered them when I posted the pic. And I knew what was coming....

• Like 1

A big good luck with the transition from 'old to new' from me.

Just don't go and lose that 'XE knowledge' that's in your head.......I've a feeling I'm going to need it. Lol.

Is that a stormforce cover on your car? I really rate mine.... breathable but never let's the ran in.