Meeting with Lancs and Mancs - Wednesday 23 July

Rory's Dad

Wow - what a meet!  Heaps of cars (one rather special!).  Tricky will along with some pictures shortly.  Drive there compromised by low sun and grubby windscreen.  Drive home in the dusk just brilliant.

Second that .....

100 mile round trip

Good times.

Great meet , lots of wessies , some new and old faces to say hello to , the run out was great although hampered by one (orange coloured)  wessy  , think he had some issue with his gear box as it seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear for most of the run    :)

hope you get it fixed for next time mate  :laugh:  

The run home was interesting , into the sun with a windscreen full of grease and dead flies , missed a turning , stopped to clean the screen and read of the map,  but soon realised I had nothing suitable with me to clean the screen with , then met Paul  (Accrington ) sorry if I got the name wrong ? who had taken the same wrong turn , we had a good run back together down the A59 passing loads of HGV tractor mobile chicanes on the way , why do they have to make the things so massively big? you cant see round em , though you could probably drive under the things   !

Great meet , lots of wessies , some new and old faces to say hello to , the run out was great although hampered by one (orange coloured)  wessy  , think he had some issue with his gear box as it seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear for most of the run    :)

The run home was interesting , into the sun with a windscreen full of grease and dead flies , missed a turning , stopped to clean the screen and read of the map,  but soon realised I had nothing suitable with me to clean the screen with , then met Paul  (Accrington ) sorry if I got the name wrong ? who had taken the same wrong turn , we had a good run back together down the A59 passing loads of HGV tractor mobile chicanes on the way , why do they have to make the things so massively big? you cant see round em , though you could probably drive under the things   !

Sat nav next time Bernie ?

Was I driving that slow Bernie ...didn't want to lose you  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cracking meet and a cracking run over  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: I think we had 23 Westfield's on the car park at the Bay Horse

abbce577-2cfe-400a-92c2-283d83853f27.jpg

Lancashire crew at Gisburn

20140723_201401.jpg

Supercharged Honda powered :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

well done guys!!!

Great to see the S2000S still in the club!  :yes: 

Glad we made the last minute decision to have a trip up, I should try and make it a more regular occurrence.

We convoyed home with Tricky, A1 closed, running out of petrol, ended up going via Leeds to the M1, driving at night in shades is not advised :suspect:

• Like 1

Really impressed with the turnout last night. Nice to meet members both new and old.

Great weather made the 120 mile round trip a pleasure too

14711229346_c93f09fb75_c.jpg

As promised, pictures from last night, plenty of cars, all different, and a decent venue next to the canal.

IMAG0843_zps3eef1aaa.jpg

IMAG0844_zps6cbaa913.jpg

IMAG0845_zps7a3cc14b.jpg

IMAG0846_zpsecccba15.jpg

The much discussed supercharged S2000, 

IMAG0850_zpse5b723c9.jpg

IMAG0848_zps8e1d6f75.jpg

IMAG0847_zps7bbea72a.jpg