Uploading photos

I know there is a sticky regarding how to upload photo's but there shouldn't be a need for it.  Why can't we just see a big button that says "UPLOAD PHOTO'S" and then takes you through all the steps?

Additionally i still have problems, when i hit the upload button i don't get an option to create an album, only to select an album or select category!  I would like to create a new album, but how?

Without knowing what OS/browser you are using... it is going to be guesswork! ;)

Guesswork?  the button called "create album" isn't there, it was previously as i could create albums, nothing has changed with me, so it must be the website that's knackered.

When I click the upload button in my gallery it gives an option for me to upload the photos to either an existing album or alternatively to create a new one.

Not sure if this link will work for you but try this.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=post&section=image

When I click the upload button in my gallery it gives an option for me to upload the photos to either an existing album or alternatively to create a new one.

Not sure if this link will work for you but try this.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=post&section=image

I just get the same; select album or select category.

For Quinten I'm using  IE 11 and Chrome, as for OS well it's Windows something? I just expect computers to work, not have to know their blood group equivalent,

Is your head really that shape :p ?

Don't change the subject  :down:   :d

For Quinten I'm using  IE 9 or 10? and Chrome.

I'm surprised it isn't working with Chrome, but fwiw, the link from Mark is the same for me, and offers me to 'Create New Album' or 'Select Album' or 'Select Category'...  this is in Safari on OSX, but I know it is the same for Firefox on Windows XP

Well, i'm relatively inept with computers, all i know is that it did work, and now it doesn't, as far as i know the computer software hasn't changed, and i don't mess with settings as i've broken computers in the past meddling with stuff way beyond my knowledge.

Yanto - just get a youth to do it for you.....

If only I had somebody here, believe it or not I used to rely on my dad, but he's gone a bit senile now, which is a great pity.

I can't even use works laptop as, well, i broke my last one and got a new one last week, but that isn't working properly, which has really miffed me as i have a weeks worth of expenses to claim!!!

All in all, computers hate me! 

For Quinten I'm using  IE 11 and Chrome, as for OS well it's Windows something? I just expect computers to work, not have to know their blood group equivalent,

Ok, so I don't know how to fix it but I've done some routing around backstage and the problem appears to be linked to your profile rather than being a browser issue. I'm still very green to the admin side of things so this may take me a while to figure out ???

Thanks Mark, don't break the whole machine trying to adjust the screw for me!

The file size is the limiting factor, only 2meg per photo I believe.  Most new cameras are 7 to 12meg these days so you have to resize the photo.  Best way of uploading to this forum is by hosting your photos on Photobucket. Picasa etc. then transferring to a post directly from Photobucket or Picasa directly using the image transfer.