2014 meeting of the mighty crossflows

Graham0127

Now we've got your attention, anyone fancy a crossflow meeting.

It seems crossflow powered cars are passionate about their little Kent engines.

Would any members like to get together before the summers over?

Meet in central England somewhere, I for one would like to do it (before the xflow goes) and would be happy to drive....say. .....200 miles.

Any thoughts.........James???? Would like to see the ex Martin Parkes car.

Great Idea - My car will be running at Pistons and Props at Sywell aerodrome in September - NN6 postcode 6 miles from junction 15 M1 - or stoneleigh would always be a good one? 

There is parking, food and drink and loads of cars at Pistons and Props Graham so might be quite good - or we could head for Herts/MK/Brum ???

James.....as good an idea as I thought it was.....it now isn`t.

I am happy to attend gatherings arranged by other members...but I wont be arranging any myself because of the legal implications.

Over to you big fella.

Gents and Ladies,

The mighty cross flow will be running at Pistons and Props at Sywell - if anyone with a cross flow, other old skool ford engine or indeed any engind would like to look on google and make your way, at your own risk to Pistons and Props it would be good to see you there..

I can arrange camping on my 8 acres if you wish to camp or rooms are available in my village and we cna then have a few beers 

NOT a WSCC event for the avoidance of doubt - organised by Sywell Aerodrome to MSA regs.

PM or phone 07811 207 274

Sounds good! Count me in (if mine is still mighty after this weekend!)

If anyone wants to come to my place near sywell I reckon I could fit 300 cars on the front grass - :-) 

Sounds good...if you can scrounge a bit more space I could arrange for my motorcycle collection to be exhibited..

Might(y) generate a bit more interest..

Alternatively I could bring my stamp collection...Toby jug.....gardening books......crosss stitch.......etc.

yes do bring the cross stitch - i love a good yarn :-) 

• Like 1

Only 3 crossflows in the club then ?

Reading the recent postings, turnout for organized run outs is becoming smaller and smaller...any ideas James ?

There are loads - I own 2 of them, BCF has one, Tolf has one, Jon pettit Has one, Horace fro N'pton has one, Geirge Newrick has a lovely one, Mark Bishop has one and so on…..

I will cook a pig and get a full barrel of ale … camping available for ALL west fields but flattest pitches will be afforded to cross flows :-) 

• Like 2

James.....I don't think 3 of us could eat a whole pig mate....

How much interest have you had ?

Members round here don't even want to go out for a drive....locally.

Maybe some young single Brolly Dolly's ???? May have to invite ALL !

Fingers crossed for some response.....pretty pathetic really?

Hi Graham, 

I havent really publicised anything to be honest as I am stacked out at work and competing the mighty cross flow in the speed series.  

I will phone a few buddies over the weekend - 

\keep well

James 

I've been considering this but its a long way and my car isn't the most reliable.