siera diff

gatecrasher

Ive just started building my westy and ive been offered a cossy diff, drive sahfts and callipers for £140, is that an ok price and can  i use a cossy diff?

First of all, welcome, and dont forget to join the WSCC....  :)

The cossy diff will fit providing the chassis is a recent one. If the measurement betwewen the top diff mounts is 7.5 inches, it will fit. You will also probably have to trial fit the diff as the casing sometimes needs slight 'fettling' to clear.

But the cossy diff is probably overkill on a Westy, and unless you are planning on some serious horsepower, you would be better off sellimg or exchanging the diff for a 4x4 one, which are well up to the job, and a fair bit lighter.

HTH Stu.

First of all, welcome, and dont forget to join the WSCC....  :)

The cossy diff will fit providing the chassis is a recent one. If the measurement betwewen the top diff mounts is 7.5 inches, it will fit. You will also probably have to trial fit the diff as the casing sometimes needs slight 'fettling' to clear.

But the cossy diff is probably overkill on a Westy, and unless you are planning on some serious horsepower, you would be better off sellimg or exchanging the diff for a 4x4 one, which are well up to the job, and a fair bit lighter.

HTH Stu.

Thanx for the advice stu i will try and get hold of an xr4x4 diff if thats a better one.

chears ;)