CAMBS - Spitfires, Merlins & Motors - PICS ADDED

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Thanks Kev you are a star  :yes:  - I suggest we get there nice and early so we can try to get a better spot (will just have to see how they let us park)

Even if we dont get a good spot for photos it is a great day out

No problems, I'm still waiting on clarification and if we need to pre book (or are allowed in) the participant parking and will update when I've found out.

As Clark said though, either way it'll be a great day out  :t-up:

The official line is:

Apologies for the delay I have been in meetings all day, I am sure that they will be fine, as an individual you there is no need to book in however I would recommend arriving together to guarantee spaces next to each other.

So it's probably worth trying to get there around a similar time at least or just getting there when you like and hoping you can get in and park with the other :)

Ok just finalising details now with Kev - suggesting that we all meet up at the McDonald's services just outside of Duxford on the A505 - get there nice an early

Will publish details ASAP

So we all still up for this and is there anyone else

Ticket prices and other details here: http://www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford/spitfires-merlins-and-motors-0

I've just spoken to the lady and the individual participants and car club members go in through a different gate and so if you're heading up outside of the main convoy don't go in the main visitors entrance

If you're heading over from the M11 it's passed the main gate and follow the signs (about 4 gates after on the left). Obviously reverse that if you're coming from the west on the A505

Gates open at 10 and so as we don't have pre-booked space in the show car park it'll be best to get there for when they're opening and you pay at a kiosk on your way to the car park

Cleggy......really sick....had this down for August 26 th.....!! Even had a good chat about it with the one and only 'house beautician' and convinced him it was August. Fooooooooool.

I will be away the coming weekend so unable to come,,,,,,big sorry from all of us here !

Cleggy......really sick....had this down for August 26 th.....!! Even had a good chat about it with the one and only 'house beautician' and convinced him it was August. Fooooooooool.

I will be away the coming weekend so unable to come,,,,,,big sorry from all of us here !

And i thought i was losing the plot Graham  ;)  :laugh:

• Like 1

Ok guys so here is the plan - first of all a thank you to Kev who has helped big style by liaising with Duxford :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

Meet at the McDonalds Services as shown below - hopefully those that need fuel can fuel up and perhaps some breakie if you arrive early - we will leave the services at 9.30 and head over to Duxford and just see where we can get parked

After looking at the Westy last night I may well be in the TVR (westy suffering from wheel wobble and a destroyed rear wishbone metastatic bush after North Weald)

WSCCDuxfordEntrance_zpsb6940c74.jpg

I believe Tony is coming to mine at Yaxley first - anyone else coming from our way you are more than welcome to join us - be at mine for 8.00 :t-up:

Important: the disclaimer bit - because I have not booked club parking there is no guarantee we are going to get into the display parking area - so do be prepared if it comes to it to park in the normal public parking

oh and dont forget to checkout ticket prices :)

Ok so far I believe we have

1. Me in yellow Westy

2. Tony in Westy

3. Dave in Elise

4. Kev in yellow Westy

5. Stuart in purple Westy

6. Kev in orange MK

7. Paul in yellow westy

8. David in Evora

9. Mark in aero 8

10. Matt in Ultima

11. D ick in Tuscan

Any more

Someone made a good point that if we don't get in the show car entrance then we may have to pay standard admission - just making you guys aware :-)

That's a shame Graham, thanks for letting us know :t-up:

Based on my experiences last year think I will come in the T.  That should pass the pre 1980 criteria ;-)

Hope to see you for breakfast

should just scrape in David :-0

If only the age related to drivers not cars we would all be fine ;-)