Proposal **** Take your Westie to work day

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

i actually have a safe enough place to do this now, wouldnt even think about it parked in the uni carpark but out here is fine.... but i just couldnt imagine enjoying the drive much... its bad enough in the beemer. the westy is tiresome in stop start urban rush hour. a quick blast at dinner around the lanes would be good tho :)

Don't do work, (for other people), but I'll join in with a trip in the dales & lunch in a suitable establishment.

Cheers

After having mine called 'that stupid little car of yours' when I go back to work (off long term sick at mo) I will drive it as much as poss! 60 mile round trip so wont be too often with the Webers looking forwards to the bike carbs!

As I said on an earlier post, back in the day when I worked I would occasionally go to work in my Westy.

So here it is as verified by google earth.

westyatwork_zpsdde0f31d.jpg

Is that the CIA tracking you mr bond?

sssssh if I tell you I'll have to.......................................

Don't have a Westfield any more, and policy for secret new car specifically excludes commuting to work.  So "a'hm oot" I'm afraid.

Mine goes to work on most fine days.... And if the weather looks a bit yuk I park it under any conveniently placed mini or corsa..... And with regards to Pete's comment about the insurance.... I'm a contractor on a temp contract.... Not many perks but that's one if the cherished ones....

Took mine to work yesterday.

And today,

to Chorley

I think we should have a national day.... Take your Westy to work day.

Be proud and show of your westies, and then have a photo thread. suggest 7th July 

Interesting Idea.

I take mine about every other day over summer weeks, so what depending on if I am running late or not. But this issue is the weather, in my book. I might take the car in four days in a week, but its if raining on the wednesday I will go in the tintop even if its national 'get a free westfield if you go into work in your kitcar day' * because I have no roof or weather gear and I can really turn up to work with my shirt soaked through!

*(ok, maybe not if i got a free car but you get the point) 

Daniel

Great idea, I would but I'm on my hols on the 7th!

Done at least 1000 miles commuting to work in mine...  But will make a special effort on the 7th* ;)

* unless it is raining, then all bets are off :(

Forget rain, stupid Vectra is throwing spanners in the work.  Have ongoing aircon problems which caused me to miss most of the past 2 weeks driving the Westie, and *still* is not sorted.  Booked it in for Monday *again*

As I said on an earlier post, back in the day when I worked I would occasionally go to work in my Westy.

So here it is as verified by google earth.

westyatwork_zpsdde0f31d.jpg

I like that!