Bloomin' ridiculous

Rory's Dad

Have to say..`totally agree with the council decision to remove bunting from lamp posts.

Imagine the weight of all those wet jumpers pulling against steel and iron posts.

Must ban the wife from putting wet washing on her washing line as it is only made of steel and may bend and hit a benefit scrounger, terrorist or kiddy fiddler on the head....if they choose to walk through our garden on washing day..............as I`m sure we can`t stop them.......if that`s what they want to do ????????

This is England...controlled by Europe...nothing should suprise us !

I think the should now remove all the unsafe lamp posts

If we get any wind up north they will surly blow over if the can't take the weight of a few jumpers

They can finance this by sacking the health and safety department of the council ;)

The County Council is having a go at uprooting all the cast iron lamp posts in Harrogate on the grounds that they are somehow unsafe and electrically dangerous.  As for the bunting, has a structural engineer somehow decided that there is enough strength in the tape or string to pull a lamp post over.  Health and safety?? Just bunk IMO.  If I was wanting to make some cuts in North Yorkshire I know where I would start.

Crazy society - double standards... Imagine if any H&S types investigated the risk of an average A road - cars approaching each other at closing speed of 120mph - surely that's a reason to ban using ALL roads as far too dangerous!!!

I may suggest that they fit stabilisers to all the riders in the tour de France thingy as they may corner too quickly and cause an accident with a sheep!

That said if they run over all the sheep, no more wool, no more knitted jumpers, problem solved?

I'm afraid that the lunatics took over the asylum many years ago.

You may wonder what they're on, but if my memory serves me right, there's a fine brewery in Masham

You may wonder what they're on, but if my memory serves me right, there's a fine brewery in Masham

Their strongest beer is 'Old Peculier' so that explains everything  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

What this comes down to is some grumpy old git complaining to the council.

Local councils pander to these people because they ALWAYS vote.

The same gits that get needless speed humps installed on otherwise quiet streets, normal people don't bother reading the planning section of the local rag (we should), which means they get what they want and the first thing anyone knows is when the workmen turn up to wreck the street.

Its seems a bit ott and pointless, but equally if they are council posts and they have not asked to use them for the bunting, moving it to be supported by the surrounding buildings doesnt seem unreasonable.

Daniel

Correction. That's not that the news article says!

If the news article read 'Village bunting moved from lamp posts to shop front walls at council request, due to concerns of the increased side loading and lack of authorisation' it would be a much more dull page, but say exactly the same thing.

Daniel

The County Council is having a go at uprooting all the cast iron lamp posts in Harrogate on the grounds that they are somehow unsafe and electrically dangerous.  As for the bunting, has a structural engineer somehow decided that there is enough strength in the tape or string to pull a lamp post over.

My local council, who are supposed to be as broke as any other council, is busily replacing all the concrete lamp posts in town, presumably because they are too strong, have sharp edges or are too dangerous if you drive into one.  Maybe they should sell their concrete lamp posts to this other council so they'll be strong enough to hold the bunting?

I've had a 'live chat' with a North Yorkshire person on t'internet and got no more info.  I have asked, and they have agreed to provide me with a "fully considered technical  explanation"  Am waiting with bated breath  :laugh: