Event report - Saint Goueno

windy

Looks great, bit worried about the size of fuel tank needed ? Any thoughts.

Do you get called up from the paddock to hill all day or in run batches ?

You get called to a pre-Grille which is basically a grid form up at the top near the paddock. You then start the car and drive at normal road speed to the start line about 2 miles away. You are then called to the line where the car is started again (jump batterys and crew allowed to assist the fast single seaters at the start line) then off you go up the 2 mile hill. At the top of the hill there is a further 1 mile to get to the paddock which is still a gentle uphill so you need the engine to power the car back to the paddock.

I reckon I used about 6 gallons for 6 runs all in, or thereabouts

You get called to a pre-Grille which is basically a grid form up at the top near the paddock. You then start the car and drive at normal road speed to the start line about 2 miles away. You are then called to the line where the car is started again (jump batterys and crew allowed to assist the fast single seaters at the start line) then off you go up the 2 mile hill. At the top of the hill there is a further 1 mile to get to the paddock which is still a gentle uphill so you need the engine to power the car back to the paddock.

I reckon I used about 6 gallons for 6 runs all in, or therabouts

So if you are using 1 gall a run, I would be on about 2 with only an 8 ltr tank. Are they OK us using methanol ? mind that's a 4 gallon tank.

In the evenings through to early morning the organisers operate a free shuttle service (Navette) for all competitors and friends to take you from your accommodation to the town hall in St Goueno. This saves you having to drive and you can relax and have a few beers. The competitors get most of their meals included for free in their entry. 

There is a buffet on Thursday night in St Goueno for the early arrivals, a 3 course meal with wine / cidre / beer on the Friday night, another meal in the town on Saturday night, a free 4 course meal for competitors & guest at Lunchtime on the Sunday at the hairpin, and a free Sunday evening buffet meal with wine to finish the weekend off. 

There are also several live bands playing on the stage in the town on most evenings. 

So if you are using 1 gall a run, I would be on about 2 with only an 8 ltr tank. Are they OK us using methanol ? mind that's a 4 gallon tank.

John Lloyd the organiser will be able to clarify for you Nick about the use of methanol. You can find him on the uphill racers forum.

I did have a brief chat with his wife and me may be able to get a group of us together for the WSCC if there are 10 or so people interested. They did the same for the Paul Matty Lotus championship last year so it could be possible.

That looks a great event Windy - very well done and a great write up. Thankyou :-) 

Bit messy if you make a mistake at the start and hit one of those portaloos ???

Well done Windy car sounds awesome . :cry:

Well done Graham :) I'll be there again next year for sure!!

Well done Graham :d - I told you it was a great hill and a fantastic weekend event :d :d ;) ;) ;) must get our timing better for next year so we can catch you at the Horsehoe and share a Grimbergen :d :d :yes:;) - a bientot :)

Here is a video I made of the best bits from my weekend - gives you a good idea what an amazing hill it is! :)

• Like 1

Great video editing.  I enjoyed watching that.

David

• Like 1

Come on Graham ...  You have left out the best bits ;):d:p

IMG 1761low

IMG 1760low

IMG 1772low

Crikey!! I didn't get that at wiscombe this year!!! :-)

Enjoyed the video and agree very slick editing, thanks for posting.