cooperwestie

Got myself a beautiful 1.8 seiw silver top in blue. Was at the show today.

looking for a leather boot cover any clues were tlo get one for a good price

Hi there and welcome…did you have your car at the show…you need to post up a few photos and watch this space someone will come back with an answer to your question…. :)

I had mine made at autotrim at Denton , where abouts in the world are you?

cheers

john

Im in cannock in the Midlands. Someone at the show wanted 250 and that wasnt with the studs in pfft was my answer to that.

Was there today mine was the blue 1 next to the random mini cooper (great name tho)

Mines completely standard so mods are soon to be needed aswell

POWER :-)

Welcome to the club :t-up: the Westfield rear Tonneau is a good quality option and resonably priced.

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=694&search=Tonneau

If you have a braced roll bar with backstays then you'll also need to make sure the tonneau cover you order has the necessary additional cut-outs in it to accomodate them.

I thought the westfields own one was a descent price to be fair..

Glad i got my westie will get some pics on here as soon as I get the humongous bird poo of her.

1 more question bike carbs or not

Have a Google on car trimmers in your local area, there may be a bespoke service for the same price as the factory version.   For £250 you can buy a full tonneau if you search a bit.

Bike carbs are the way forward then. I think like most people say its a winter job, as its my first year I dont and cant miss a day of fun.

Has anyone got any ideas of how to stop the exhaust rattling when its cold?

It should be mounted on the bracket with a small rubber bobbin. If not the bracket maybe cracked or indeed the manifold may have a crack.  Another source of the noise could be the inner pipe of the silencer broken.    You need to carefully listen from manifold mounting down to the exhaust tip to find the source of noise, if not apparent dismantling the whole lot will be necessary.

• Like 1

Got myself a beautiful 1.8 seiw silver top in blue. Was at the show today.

looking for a leather boot cover any clues were tlo get one for a good price

Having just changed to a hard boot cover I have a half tonneau sitting around £50 posted?

It is cut for a std roll hoop..

PM me if interested.

Cheers

Ian

Having just changed to a hard boot cover I have a half tonneau sitting around £50 posted?

It is cut for a std roll hoop..

PM me if interested.

Cheers

Ian

Welcome to the club!  I'm the chap who frogmarched you and your missus over to Scott to join up after you asked me where you could get a half tonneau.....told you you'd get this sort of response and ^^^ here's your answer!!  It's a great club and the Boardroom is the place to get all the info you'll ever need regarding Westfield ownership.  Good to have you along!

• Like 2

Brilliant got intouch with Bogg about tuning goin to get a set of bike carbs and high lift cams fitted. Prob need to get some soft compoinds aswell and a new 6" exhaust aswel now.

POWER

Im in cannock in the Midlands. Someone at the show wanted 250 and that wasnt with the studs in pfft was my answer to that.

Was there today mine was the blue 1 next to the random mini cooper (great name tho)

Mines completely standard so mods are soon to be needed aswell

POWER :-)

Hi cooperwestie, my car was the red one on the other side of the Mini to you!

FYI it is a Mini Thirty, one of only 3000 made and as the westy is not a 3 seater it is the only way my daughters could get to the show……also useful to carry the seats I sold in the club marquee :)

Anyway we will be a random Westfield interloper at the Mini show on Sunday held at Himley Hall, Dudley :d 

Martyn