• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Will they write my sons car off?

TrophyJem

There is a bodyshop near me, used to take my cars there if I needed anything doing until a couple of years back when they stopped doing work for the public and now only deal with insurance work. I always assumed this was because there is more money in it for them.

My neighbour hit a huge pothole at night on a country lane resulting in an uninjured off the road ditch encounter, the car was about a couple of years old and he asked me to take a look at it as he reckoned the damage was repairable. It was at Main Dealer and I knew the Sales Managers father, I asked his opinion and he agreed the repair cost was not excessive but replacing the 12 airbags which had gone off almost doubled the bodywork repair cost.   

I'm always amazed at :

a)  the cost of paint

b)  the effort to prepare and spray it

c) and that those spray tins aren't even close