clarkson ,has the world gone mad

SteveD

Not any more it's not Norm - they have to call 'em chalkboards now.

In our house it is still called a blackboard.

Our kids put it outside with a cash box & write on it DUCK &. CHICKEN EGGS. FOR SALE.

At school though, they use a white board...hope the term white board doesn't offend anyone.

Derek, hang on, just looking. Yes, dangly bit there - ergo boy.

Graham, I know, that's why I cited it. I'm very offended at the term Whiteboard-NOT

Not any more it's not Norm - they have to call 'em chalkboards now.

Not allowed chalkboards any more....health and safety (inhalation of chalk dust...)

In their place, they now use....wait for it....whiteboards!!! :d

Ah, so that's why I'm mad. Too much chalk dust inhaled when the chalk came flying through the air but always missed me and got the goofy kid behind :)

Is chalk that poisonous then? or is it that kids aren't allowed near dirt so the slightest bit of dust sets off an asthma attack.

And btw, blackboards were green where I come from - early political correctness perhaps.

The N words are from the Spanish and Portuguese, so why aren't noir and schwarz banned too?

Ah, so that's why I'm mad. Too much chalk dust inhaled when the chalk came flying through the air but always missed me and got the goofy kid behind :)

Was the kid goofy to begin with? :d

Is chalk that poisonous then? or is it that kids aren't allowed near dirt so the slightest bit of dust sets off an asthma attack.

Not sure. I don't think it is poisonous as such, but the long term effects of breathing in the dust is obviously deemed to be an issue...

A few weeks ago one of the Directors at work berated me in front of other meeting attendees for asking for a black coffee, he said i should ask for one without milk, while glancing at Shermela, who is a black.  And, he'd just asked for a white coffee!

Shermela told him to stop being so childish and stupid, she carried on to say she was "black and proud of it!"

I've never actually seen that man lost for words before - it was brilliant, but we didn't dare snigger.

The N words are from the Spanish and Portuguese, so why aren't noir and schwarz banned too?

I don't think anyone has suffered being called a noir or schwartz particularly. Perhaps we could add them to the swear filter on here just in case though...

Norman, Steve.

As a newcomer to the forum, and not knowing either of you I see these exchanges and it bothers me.

I'm not going to suggest a way to settle things between you, i could, but it isn't my place and would appear condescending.

BUT!

Norman, could you have got the answer via the internet? or posting a general tech question?

Steve, sounds like you really are working too hard, if it is a blip while you are expanding, then ok, but please don't work yourself into a heart attack or mental breakdown.

Ok Agony Aunt lecture over.

Cheers chaps 

Ian 

• Like 1

Norman, Steve.

As a newcomer to the forum, and not knowing either of you I see these exchanges and it bothers me.

I'm not going to suggest a way to settle things between you, i could, but it isn't my place and would appear condescending.

BUT!

Norman, could you have got the answer via the internet? or posting a general tech question?

Steve, sounds like you really are working too hard, if it is a blip while you are expanding, then ok, but please don't work yourself into a heart attack or mental breakdown.

Ok Agony Aunt lecture over.

Cheers chaps 

Ian 

Totally agree.  Just got back from a great day at Stoneleigh to find this thread and a report waiting for the moderation team - not impressed whatsoever.  Absolutely exhausted and the moderation team are as well, not going to bother them tonight.  This thread has gotten out of order and totally off topic from the original post.  It is being locked, posts hidden for now and will be considered in full on Tuesday after the show.