Stoneleigh - Name Stickers

Captain Colonial

Following on from an idea used last year, name stickers to wear on your top at Stoneleigh have been printed up for all WSCC Members.

The stickers are roughly business card sized and are laid out as follows:

WSCC Club Logo

Real Name

Forum Name

These will be available in the exterior marquee for collection, and are sorted by surname.  Please pick yours up and wear it, as this helps make meeting, identifying and talking to other members simpler and creates a more friendly atmosphere. :t-up:

It also aids people like me, who are good at remembering names but lousy at remembering faces, and I have to associate more than 1200 names with faces (and often fail!). :no:  :rolleyes:  :durr:

Thanks for your assistance! :yes:

• Like 3

Pity it wasn't done last year really....struggled a bit not knowing who I was talking to....one on one ok ,but groups more difficult.

See Scott...... You have listened to me eventually :)

It is a good idea, but still think it would better if people were not allowed to leave their car and must stand in front of the left front tyre all day ;)  maybe allow a 10 minute wee break every three hours.

No need to thank me, I can come up with ideas like this all day long :d  :d

I nominate Pete for 2015 Organiser. He just seems have a natural instinct  :d

• Like 2

Pity it wasn't done last year really....struggled a bit not knowing who I was talking to....one on one ok ,but groups more difficult.

See Scott...... You have listened to me eventually :)

I can't take credit, but it was part of the feedback from last year's show that was adopted by Andy and Chaz.

All I did was to design and print all 1,255 of them.

I've also deleted Forum Names where it was identical to the Real Name, as it looked repetitive and faintly ridiculous to have the real name shown twice on the same sticker.

Sorry I've used my name twice Scott.....but I'm a simple country boy.....agree it would look daft .

Have you got any 2014 club stickers to take with you......? ( just a thought whilst I'm on here)

Please !

Graham, yours looks fine with:

WSCC Club Logo

Real Name

Graham0127

Where it looks silly is when you get:

WSCC Club Logo

Scott Young

Scott Young

which just makes you walk around looking like you're forgetful.

We have indeed printed a limited number of 2014 stickers which you can collect at the exterior marquee:

What a great idea :)

I used to sell a lot on eBay and keeping track of who bought then paid for what was a logistical nightmare

eBay id

PayPal id

Email name

And real names

So I can definitely see the point in this idea :)

I think this is a great idea :) last year even our honourable memsec didn't recognise me :oops::d

I think this is a great idea :) last year even our honourable memsec didn't recognise me :oops::d

Oh Jesus H. Christ on a cracker, don't remind me of that again..... :blush:  :bangshead:  :durr: 

The problem is that you're a dead ringer for a lapsed member, and I do mean a dead ringer, doppelgänger level stuff.  Really through me for a loop after a heavy morning MemSec work!

How come you didn't spot Mark, Scott?  How many other members turn up at the Show with a beard, halo and sandals with a strong aroma of incense?  Another clue is the lack of splashing when he walks over puddles..... :d

How come you didn't spot Mark, Scott?  How many other members turn up at the Show with a beard, halo and sandals with a strong aroma of incense?  Another clue is the lack of splashing when he walks over puddles..... :d

He didn't have his light sabre out. :d

• Like 1

It is a good idea, but still think it would better if people were not allowed to leave their car and must stand in front of the left front tyre all day ;)  maybe allow a 10 minute wee break every three hours.

nice!