Hi - Newbie here

sparkyhx

Runs out are quite possible at Stoneleigh, though to be fair, can be a little tricky.

Your local area meets are a great opportunity to grab some passenger seat time. Most owners at a meet are itching for an excuse to nip out for a blast! So don't be shy at stepping forward. :laugh::yes:

I think Stobneleigh is a must trip for you buddy.

When it comes to performance my BMW530d is quicker from 75 t0 125mph with out a doubt - but it cant drive B roads at a constant 60 ish mph like the westy can.... driving to yeovil im mine from northampton on majority single track roads remains a highlight of my year :-) 

Thanks guys this is really helpful - I WILL be coming to Stoneleigh defo, I just have to decide which day.  I live in W Yorks and work in London M-F with no car, so attending local meets would be near impossible unless they are on a Saturday in W Yorks.

Stoneleigh couldn't have happened at a better time.

Mark

Tricky, it's true, but don't feel you're tied to just going to one meet, you can visit as many as you fancy, where ever you like. Have a look at the area map and see if there are any South East meets you could get to via tube etc. Worth it, even if it's only an occasional treat! :yes:

Sorry, if I wasn't clear, that's what I meant; no car needed, if you can get to one by train/tube etc, if you fancy a break. Even if they're off out for a run, there's usually a passenger seat or two up for grabs!

Hi and welcome

I think if you have a Westfield itch

There is only one way to scratch it ;)

What's the worst that can happen ? You sell it and get your money back itch gone

But I bet a pint you don't :)

What 200sx did you have?

I had a stripped out s13 with ca18 putting out 330 before it died and am currently running an s15 with 275 as my daily with my crossflow Westfield for fun. The westy was rolling roaded at 134 last year and is set up for lightweight rather than touring comfort.

There's no two ways about it, a 130bhp Westfield can't compete for that brutal acceleration and turbo torque, but find a nice b Road and you will never regret it, the braking and cornering is in a different league.

Both my S bodies have had coil overs and my Westfield is just as comfortable really (ride wise) if we forget about the noise, lack of windshield or roof, no stereo etc. I'm suffering a little bump steer at the moment but a proper set up should remove that I hope.

What 200sx did you have?

I had a stripped out s13 with ca18 putting out 330 before it died and am currently running an s15 with 275 as my daily with my crossflow Westfield for fun. The westy was rolling roaded at 134 last year and is set up for lightweight rather than touring comfort.

There's no two ways about it, a 130bhp Westfield can't compete for that brutal acceleration and turbo torque, but find a nice b Road and you will never regret it, the braking and cornering is in a different league.

Both my S bodies have had coil overs and my Westfield is just as comfortable really (ride wise) if we forget about the noise, lack of windshield or roof, no stereo etc. I'm suffering a little bump steer at the moment but a proper set up should remove that I hope.

S14 Stage 2a (555s) full 3 inch stainless exhaust, strut braces front and rear upgraded fuel pump, front mount intercooler - wilwood brakes with 356 disks and yellowstuff, Induction kit , 4 point harness, Gixmo boost controller, 3 inch elbow and downpipe, bigger koyo rad, Horsham 2a chip, bigger wheels and tyres, brake master cylinder stopper, water temp, boost, oil temp, oil pressure guages, coilovers, braided line and samco hoses, uprated paddle clutch, short shifter

Edited by sparkyhx

It was an S14a that inspired me to start my Westfield build. I'd just finished stage 1 or 1a tuning (fuel pump, ic, boost controller but no chip) and was about to make a start on getting the handling to my taste. However I added it all up and I think I was going to be spending something like 2k on the suspension, on a car that was barely worth 2k to start off with. So I man math'd a Westfield build instead which would give me the drama I wanted out of the box, satisfy my tinkering urges and be worth most of the money I put into it. The last bit may have been wrong.

what are the 'features' that are useful to have

thinking

widebody

windscreen - is helmet a must without

heater

boot cover

I would be/I did choose a car based on =

Price, Widebody, type of engine, chassis condition.

After I bought the car the rest is easily bolt on/off jobs, you should allow a £k or 2 for this depending on what you want.   Buy the car soon, run it for the summer and by autumn you'll know what you want to change and there is the winter months for that.

Just curious - what is car tax based on?

Also am I right in assuming Insurance tends to be cheap.  Currently pay £420 for the 200sx 3k miles but modified

Trying to do man maths to justify to wifey the higher initial outlay over my other alternatives

Just curious - what is car tax based on?

Also am I right in assuming Insurance tends to be cheap.  Currently pay £420 for the 200sx 3k miles but modified

Trying to do man maths to justify to wifey the higher initial outlay over my other alternatives

Tax is similar to 'normal' car with same engine. Insurance on a limited mileage policy is buttons - well under £200, probably closer to £100 depending on age etc...

Assuming you don't break it, they're as cheap as chips to run - until upgrade-itis starts of course...

Hope that helps.

Matt