Air Rifle

Yanto

Ask one of the Manchester lads I am sure they could lay their hands on an Uzi 9mm !!!

Did some body call me? :)

An Uzi sounds like a toy :p

I'll bring this, it should sort them out :laugh:

me35rocketlauncherLeek1967.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I can, i don't want this thread descending into can/can't, should/shouldn't, god/no god etc. TBH the biggest battle I have is with the wife who has decreed that i won't get a rifle or kill them - time will tell!

In the eyes of the law i can kill them on my land, at any time of the year in a manner I choose as they are classed as vermin.  I don't really like the idea of killing anything, but i would eat their breasts, which i'm rather fond of in a red wine jus.

I don't mind eating them :)

I shoot my flying rats with AirArms TX200 .177 .Had .22s in the past but penetration and accuracy seem better with .177 . Tasco 4x40 scope helps me hit the spot .

Maybe you could get some small pigeon stickers and stick them on your side panels......

• Like 3

I found Prometheus pellets accurate and deadly with the .22

I'm absolutely fed up with Woodpigeons eating all my fruit tree blossom and new leaf shoots.  I've tried netting with little success as all it does is trap other birds.

So, i've reluctantly decided to get an air rifle, but not having had one since i was a kid I wondered if anybody could suggest a decent/ cheap manufacturer, or.

Does anybody have a decent .22 that they don't use and would like to sell?

Cheers

Ian

have a tuned massive spec hw100 , 177 (you dont get the arc of a 22 so more accurate ) 177 is better imho ,3-9x50 scope ,silencer ,custom barrell , lightweight alloy bottle with quick fill and gauge ,thumbhole stock ,custom trigger and hammer ,bag, £600

• Like 1

Steve, that sounds like an awesome bit of kit, but it is a bit (read a lot) out of my price range - unfortunately.

Ian

I Have a Weirauch HW77K .177 that's free to a good home, but you will need to buy a decent scope.

It's in decent order having recently had a new spring and seals, it sounds like a howitzer going off but bashes bunnies effectively.... in the terminal sense.

Nem......... 

Hi Nem, i've PM'd you.

Got a Beratta 682 should get more than one at a time but a bit noisier :rolleyes: ..............not for sale though  

just be careful what you will be hitting if you miss the target - shooting wood pigeons is legal but hitting other things is not.  .177 is better penetration .22 better for general shock, but distance will be a factor on an air rifle with .22

30m is about the best you can do with a .22 airrifle

The wood pigeons poo all over my covered trailer and its almost impossible to get off especially on the roof

They are just pests!

Slowly making a dent in my local population......poo everywhere. Cut down a large scotts pine in my garden yesterday and there were clumps of poo the size of footballs !

I've got chickens & ducks and they don't make half the mess.........or crap all over my cars.

In my garden I find roost shooting most effective.......just before dark and they're sitting ducks.....SORRY.....sitting pigeons.

• Like 1

I will only be able to fire in one direction, behind is a field owned by my neighbour who has also had his trees raped by them!

Unfortunately most of the very local population nest and roost in Leylandii trees that are about 60ft tall, and not on my land, so it will be when they are grazing that i will be on the offensive.  I actually managed to clobber one of the gits yesterday with a garden trowel in mid-flight, not that it brought it down I'm afraid!

I would try a life like model OWL or even better the real thing  :t-up:

they use real ones to scare off the terror sea gulls which had become a real nuicance around the Colwyn Bay and  Conwy areas with great success   :t-up: