Sub heading on here for magazine suggestions.

Norman Verona

Can we split this topic into two sub headings. No transfers required (except this post).

It would be good for members to have the opportunity to suggest improvements to the magazine as they can for the forum.

So, I'll start with a few.

1) Ladies page, written by the ladies for the ladies.

2) Kids page, written by the kids, or the kids parents, for the kids.

3) Puzzle page, crossword, sudoku, trivia questions

4) Jokes page. Some humorous pictures, jokes and anecdotes, a caption competition.

5) Blat page. Forthcoming blats and a written/picture record of a recent blat. (maybe summer only)

6) Events page. Invite car event organisers to advertise their event (for free)  

7) Cooking page. A page of recipes. Can be food or engine parts. Whatever can be mixed to make something (needs a large dollop of humour as first ingredient.)  

I'm working on the assumption that strengthening the club the magazine should mean  it is fought over by all members of the family. Also, getting the other members of the family involved in our passion will help us to get more from our passion.

Any more?

As it will take less than 5 minutes can we try it and if no one posts it can be deleted.

You (the members) write and submit them, and no doubt the editor and sub-editors will consider each and every one of them! :t-up:

You just have to download the back issues of WW to see what's come before in terms of ideas and variety.

You can also see the regular pleadings of the editors of their day about lack of submissions, from polite to bordering on beating members over the head with sticks.

The mag is so frustrating as a product.  Is it good enough?  Could be better, they say.  What would you like to see?  Dunno.  So how can we make it better?  Not sure.  Do you read it?  Not always.  Should we get rid of it?  NO!!!! :bangshead:

Your club - your magazine - YOUR input.  It's a bit like a fire - get rid of oxygen, heat, or a combustible material, and the fire dies.  No contributions from members and there's no magazine.

So by all means, let your imagination run free on stuff to submit that other members will enjoy - Peter & Co would rather have too much material than not enough. :t-up:

Scott, agree. But I'm suggesting a suggestion box for ideas for the mag. Not the content itself.

As I said it's a few minutes work. Ideas posted do not need actioning for the next issue but at some time in the future. We would also need sub editors to run each page. 

I'll volunteer for the humour page.

Ideas are great to have but what we really need is for people to put pen to paper and contribute to their magazine. The editorial team aren't there to write the content, we have enough to deal with already :) but if anyone has an idea for an article please write it and send it in, if you're unsure please contact us before writing it and we'll soon let you know if we think its a good idea. :t-up:

Mark, I would if I could. Being a Caterham owner in France makes it difficult. However I have volunteered to do various jobs but never got any take up. 

I think volunteering a two way street. If you try and help but get ignored you don't bother.

You'll notice that I've volunteered to do one of the suggested pages.

However, I'd rather your opinions on the suggestions.

You'll notice that I've volunteered to do one of the suggested pages.

Apologies if I'd miss-understood your post but I read it that your offer was to be sub editor for a humour page not a contributor with magazine content.

Ideas are great, some of those we've raised all ready, some are new and interesting. We need content though, Norman, how about a piece or two?

Mark & Dave, I'm more than happy to write a piece for the magazine. However if you're happy to publish a article on "Life in France" or "A 7 in France" then I'll do that. What I can't write about is blats in the UK, meetings in the UK, or Westfield ownership.

When I say I'll sub edit the humour page, I mean I'll produce it, I'll gather the material and write some bits to go on it.

• Like 1

Excellent, we always need material to "feed" the machine.

Thank you

Dave, fine, but what would you prefer. "Life in France", "life with a Caterham" or extracts of my rebuild, which I'm told get funnier as it went along.

Of course I could do all three to be spread over several issues.

Absolutely, all three! that way they can be spread out as appropriate for the general mix we receive in each edition.

Given the number of owners taking their cars over the channel at the moment, a review of what's needed and what it's like driving in France might be timely?

OK, I've got stuff to do today but will start tomorrow,

There is a guide to driving in France on the Q&A pages. Maybe I'll rewrite it and add to an article.

• Like 1

I'm trying to write a few articles for the magazine but cannot get any answers to my questions. 

And can we start the suggestion box for the magazine. It will only take a few minutes to create the sub heading. If it doesn't get used then nothing gained, nothing lost but if it fills up and some are good and actioned then we all win.

Norman, you have PM :)

over and back.