westfield factory- get it together!

Speed Freak

I'm a fairly regular buyer from Westfield over the last couple of years and have experienced everything from delivery next day to taking 6 weeks versus the original 2 weeks quoted. My most recent experience was this week when I urgently needed rear discs and pads, neither were in stock but they gave me all the info I needed to source them. The discs from a well known UK wide supplier who had to ship them as they too didn't have stock locally and the pads from Westfield's supplier as they are specially modified. So Westfield have lost they're mark up this time but made sure a regular customer got to take his car away on holiday. Now that I know that the pads are a special I'll make sure I keep a set in the garage as I do with other consumables.

I can agree with most of what has been said in this topic regarding lack of communication between Westfield and buyers. I have had this happen to myself and had to eventually speak to Julian (CEO) regarding a solution... who I must say provided a much more professional service. It seems as though Westfield are a little stretched with staffing, I think a little feedback on outstanding parts orders would go a long way. 

Seems to be a communication ‘thing’ with them: after two unanswered emails (requesting clarification on items I wanted to buy) I gave up and purchased elsewhere.

R

• 3 weeks later...

Well mine haven't and zero communication from the factory

I know the full reason so unless somebody from the factory calls me tomorrow I'm going to get medieval (last chance)

I'm still waiting on my final top ball joint. I now know they aren't even the right set and need to go back!

Why don,t you just pop round to your local motor factors and buy a couple. They are Transit drag links, 75' to 80'. & about £12.50 each.

These stories do nobody any good.  Westfield may loose the profit from selling on a part but they loose reputation through these delays.  May I suggest that Westfield could advise customers of alternative sources of supply.  We (the club) should do all we can to help.

The story on Blatchat about a fuel pump for a R500 is just the same.

All crackers IMO

Still waiting for my roll bar..tried to phone today, however just the answer machine so left a message, hopefully they might get back to me shortly... :)

My problem with the parts dept and I think a few others is the fact that the on-line store shows "In Stock" when you call and order it then transpires the item is not "In Stock" surely this can be kept fairly updated ? I was told it shows this status so that customers can actually see the part they want! Again surely there is a better way of displaying parts whether they are in stock or not? 

I will also add that when the parts have been available then the service has been excellent  :yes:

To be fair, knowing a bit about ecommerce systems, keeping the 'in stock' status accurate is not as easy as it sounds. Doing it automatically requires you to connect your shop database with your warehouse inventory database, assuming you have one. There's no standard way of doing this so the systems cost a lot of money.

You could do it by hand also, but that would add a lot of time to Russ or whoever else is checking in deliveries and sending out sales. It's fine if you have a lot of people to do it, but i think the parts team is 2 people? They're pretty busy picking, packing and shipping orders already. Adjusting stock totals for each sale won't help them ship any faster.

I don't mean to sound like i'm jumping to the factory's defense - I don't know what their systems are - but knowing a bit about what's involved, i think they have very valid reasons for it, however frustrating that can be for us at times.

To be fair, knowing a bit about ecommerce systems, keeping the 'in stock' status accurate is not as easy as it sounds. Doing it automatically requires you to connect your shop database with your warehouse inventory database, assuming you have one. There's no standard way of doing this so the systems cost a lot of money.

You could do it by hand also, but that would add a lot of time to Russ or whoever else is checking in deliveries and sending out sales. It's fine if you have a lot of people to do it, but i think the parts team is 2 people? They're pretty busy picking, packing and shipping orders already. Adjusting stock totals for each sale won't help them ship any faster.

I don't mean to sound like i'm jumping to the factory's defense - I don't know what their systems are - but knowing a bit about what's involved, i think they have very valid reasons for it, however frustrating that can be for us at times.

Whilst I can understand that Westfield may not have an expensive stock handling/recording system the important issue for a lot of us Westfield owners is something called "customer care". I don't know much about stock handling systems but I do know about customer care having spent more than 40 + years in various customer service/customer care roles, and Westfield need to learn a few basic lessons. If Westfield have a problem with supply of parts etc, and it certainly seems they do, why can they not tell customers. A quick call to give updates or explain difficulties would do wonders for their image, answering their phones would give a better impression, replying to e-mails would show customers they really are interested.

My experience with Westfield since buying my car late last year, fills me with trepidation should I need their help. As someone said in an earlier post, they only seem to pop up here when wanting to promote something.

• Like 1

Isn't the worrying thing the fact this thread has been up for 4weeks and there hasn't been any response from WF.

I know we don't get a lot of public support (or at least it seems that way ) but I bet they're aware of this thread and still no 'damage control' response.

Surely probably the largest collective group of owners the factory would be responding on here?!

Whilst I can understand that Westfield may not have an expensive stock handling/recording system the important issue for a lot of us Westfield owners is something called "customer care". 

I agree with everything you say. I was just saying about the In/Out of Stock website status :-)