westfield factory- get it together!

Speed Freak

I think I need to let some steam off! :angry:

I ordered a new upper column and quick release boss from westfield over 3 weeks ago. At the time of ordering/ paying (as they make you pay direct) I was told the quick release wasn't in stock, and would take up to 2 weeks to get in- but that they could weld the boss on and send it off all in the same day of it arriving.... Its now over 3 weeks and approaching 4 weeks, and they haven't even had the bloomin thing in yet--- not only that, but for the past week Ive been constantly told that the system is down, and they cant chase it up :cry::angry:  Im sorry but in a company as large as this, no system should be down for a week and a half!

What is really bugging me is that I was aware that I was paying over the odds for the quick release in the first place, but decided to pay it to support our club- I could have done the norm and bought a similar weld on one online for a lot less- now it seems that in this case paying more does not equal getting a better service!

The weather is great, and I cant get out in the car :cry:

:(

I've noticed there appears to be quite a few posts lately with folk posting 'it's on back order, I've waited x weeks already' / even for what would normally be run-of-the-mill stuff.

But I have to say, my recent order from the factory took less than 24hrs - not much help for those waiting, but just to put a balance on things...

I too am waiting for some items which were back in stock in 2 weeks and now its week 4. 

Its not detrimental to my car, as its still on the road, but it does appear we're propping up their cash-flow by paying for parts and waiting over a month for them!

I'm waiting on an upper ball joint (having had the other three). Back order for who knows how long. Going to chase it tomorrow though!

I am also waiting on a non essential hand brake cable, but communications are great and an offer of a refund if required, so being patient and understanding, its not a big company

Similar angsts appear on the forum from time to time followed by a stream of other stories of woe and an equal measure of supporters! I would love to go to Westfield more for parts but I can't find enough faith that they'll be openly honest about delays, timescales and back orders :-(

My personal experience has been mixed (from one extreme to the other) and that seems to be the only thing consistent with Westfield aftersales! I had to chase up my recent order of steering column bushes and when they arrived, I found them to be too slack a fit on the column(??)!! Have tried calling them but no answer.....:'(

Whilst on this occasion my bill was very small, I baulk at having money taken out my account at the time of order, only to have to wait as much as 4x as long as promised for my parts! Most companies will take your details but not take payment until items are despatched...

I ordered a new upper column and quick release boss from westfield over 3 weeks ago. At the time of ordering/ paying (as they make you pay direct) I was told the quick release wasn't in stock, and would take up to 2 weeks to get in- but that they could weld the boss on and send it off all in the same day of it arriving.... Its now over 3 weeks and approaching 4 weeks, and they haven't even had the bloomin thing in yet--- not only that, but for the past week Ive been constantly told that the system is down, and they cant chase it up :cry::angry:  Im sorry but in a company as large as this, no system should be down for a week and a half!

What is really bugging me is that I was aware that I was paying over the odds for the quick release in the first place, but decided to pay it to support our club- I could have done the norm and bought a similar weld on one online for a lot less- now it seems that in this case paying more does not equal getting a better service!

tim why buy a new upper column if you want to fit a quick release boss you can just weld onto your old one

I ordered a new upper column and quick release boss from westfield over 3 weeks ago. At the time of ordering/ paying (as they make you pay direct) I was told the quick release wasn't in stock, and would take up to 2 weeks to get in- but that they could weld the boss on and send it off all in the same day of it arriving.... Its now over 3 weeks and approaching 4 weeks, and they haven't even had the bloomin thing in yet--- not only that, but for the past week Ive been constantly told that the system is down, and they cant chase it up :cry::angry: Im sorry but in a company as large as this, no system should be down for a week and a half!

Just clarify that buying parts from Westfield does not benefit the wscc in any way - they are completely separate.

Good luck with your parts.

Good point Pete :)

I've already emailed the factory this afternoon though and sent them the link to this thread, so I'm sure they'll make it a priority in the morning.

Just cancel the order and buy from Luke at Playskool. 

Like you I have supported the factory but they seem to have so many problems with suppliers (for whatever reasons that aren't worth speculating about here) that unfortunately sometimes better to look elsewhere if you need quickly

Good point Pete :)

I've already emailed the factory this afternoon though and sent them the link to this thread, so I'm sure they'll make it a priority in the morning.

To me, if a part is not in stock, then it's my choice to pay or not! I prefer to be emailed when items are available. Generally have more positive than negative experiences with WF parts

Andy

Hmmmmm that's a worrying trend..... where should I get My baffled sump from then?

Unfortunately WF don't give you a choice .. you must pay up front when you order!

I have to jump on this one too.  I ordered some sidescreens which the website said were in stock - only to be emailed 10 days later to ask if I wanted my money back as they would be another week until actually in stock.

I told them I would wait, but 2 weeks further on and I still haven't seen any screens??

To make matters worse, when I queried the fact that the website stated 'in stock' for the items, the reply back from Wesfield stated that: "With the web site if it doesn’t say in stock the item will not be shown on the site and you wont be able to purchase this."

Clearly this doesn't make sense if I managed to find the item, which stated 'In stock', order it, then be told it's not there.  On receipt of the above message, I thought I would test the theory and went back into the parts website - and it still showed the items and said 'In stock'.  Brilliant!!!