1st Scottish run ?

ziplob

Hi all ,

I will contact Neville tomorrow night ,how many of you will be out on Sunday so I can give Nev  a rough idea?

Hi all

Meeting places as suggested earlier in post ,

10.30 AT LIZZIE BRYCE filling station in Livingston just off the roundabout

or meet at  SHERRIFHALL PARK AND RIDE ,just off A7 at 11.00 .

Looks like we have a few new members in Scotland this year ,lets make it a good one.

I'm jealous already - hope it's a decent turnout and the weather is ok!

Matt

Matt don't be jealous mate I can't go either.bahh

From: Neville Mackay [mailto:neville.mackay@btinternet.com]
Sent: 10 April 2014 20:05
Subject: Sunday's Run

Hi everyone

Here are a few more details of Sunday’s  run.

I did a recce of most of the outward leg of the  route earlier this week. It’s a route of three parts, so should have something for all tastes. The first part – down through Aberlady and Gullane to North Berwick/Dunbar is mainly a sedate-ish A-road pootle through the pretty coastal villages. I was going to suggest a brief stop in North Berwick but unless anyone feels strongly, I suggest we don’t – parking was a nightmare and there is a nasty roadwork contraflow in the town centre.

The second part of the route is from Dunbar to Preston, via East Fortune and East Linton. This is all B road and once through East Linton turns into a serious blatting route over the hills. Its quite challenging - I  actually managed to take off on one occasion, and that was in a Volvo XC60! The third part is from Preston via Auchencraw to Eyemouth, and this is a mixture of A and B roads. It should take just under a couple of hours to get from Edinburgh to Eyemouth, where we can stop for lunch and an ice cream. The distance to Eyemouth on this route is about 70 miles. Then its returning either by the A1 to Edinburgh, or for the more adventurous, via Duns and the Westruther road – which is a fantastic blatting route, to the Carefraemill junction on the A68.  

I will bring some photocopied maps to hand out on the day, but I would suggest that you bring a decent road Atlas just in case you get lost through the twist and turns. There are a couple of junctions which are easy to miss, but I will give everyone a briefing on where they are before we set off.

So far I’ve had 9 people across the Borders and Westfield groups say that they are coming, so there should be a reasonable turnout. If you are still thinking of coming along, please do – you will be very welcome.

On the day my mobile phone number is 07766 246912 and you may wish to have this on you in case you need to text or call me.

I will send another email tomorrow after the 6 o clock weather forecast just to confirm that everything is on, but the forecast I saw this morning looked reasonably promising so hopefully there won’t be any problems on that front.

Regards

Neville

From: Neville Mackay [mailto:neville.mackay@btinternet.com]
Sent: 11 April 2014 18:39
Subject: Sunday's Run

The weather forecast is reasonable for Sunday, so this is to confirm that the run is on, starting point in the Sheriffhall P and R at 11.00

Neville

Hope it's not TOO good... I've still got the snow tyres on!!

On 11 Apr 2014, at 18:39, "Neville Mackay" <neville.mackay@btinternet.com> wrote:

The weather forecast is reasonable for Sunday, so this is to confirm that the run is on, starting point in the Sheriffhall P and R at 11.00

Neville

Have a good one guys.

Post up some pictures for us that can't be there.

• Like 1

well done Neville and Alistair for taking control of this event today .

Have fun ,there are a couple of newbies coming so look after them please .

All the best enjoy and happy blatting!!

kind regards Davie

• Like 1

Sitting looking out the window and it's p***** down! Hate this uk weather.

well done Neville and Alistair for taking control of this event today .

Have fun ,there are a couple of newbies coming so look after them please .

All the best enjoy and happy blatting!!

kind regards Davie

Agreed, gutted I won't be there....