Which new car?

Deanspoors

Hi guys, I'd like to get some opinions from fellow car enthusiasts for some opinions. 

I'm currently in the process of selling my daily drive a Mitsubishi Evolution IX 360, I've basically out grown it. It's loud, brash, and comes with that boy racer stigma unfortunately. So even though I love the interaction you feel from driving the evo, it's got to go. 

So my new budget is 40-45k. 

My needs; well I work offshore, so I only use the car for social use, odd drive to the shops, and a bit weekend blat. 

I want something, relatively new, less than 20k miles. must be quick. must look good. 4 seats. coupe/saloon.

A couple of cars I like the look of;

http://www.greathamdiesels.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz-c-class-c63-2dr-auto-hartlepool-201309278994096

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/gt-r/nissan-gt-r-r35b-black-edition-2010/2122153?isexperiment=true

So guys, any opinions on the above, or alternative cars? 

Cheers, 

Dean

Friend of mine (who was in same position as you at one point in time) picked the C63 over the GTR as the GTR always wanted to be driven as if you're on fire... absolutely amazing to drive, but there could never be a 'lazy' moment... Add to that the lovely V8 growl of the AMG, I think I'd opt the same way :)

I must say the Mercedes was my first choice, plus the car above is only 9 months old. The engine sound is amazing, when I first went for a test drive at Mercedes and the saleswoman started the car up, it was a totally different noise to what I was expecting. What I am a little cautious about, is the amount of money the Mercedes will devalue over a two or three year period. But I guess looking at most cars at that price range you are going to lose a lot of money. 

I have no appeal for an M3 Ian, the body shape is getting old now, and the new shape will be out very soon which is bound to affect residuals of the E92. Although I do believe they have the better gearbox and faster lap times. Hmmm. 

Maybe an Audi RS5 then?

Porsche Boxster S

The Boxster only has 2 seats and I the TTRS feels too small. Maybe I need reasons not to buy a C63 or a GTR. 

No contest C63 all day long

Jag XF-R............bit of a wolf in sheep's clothes ....................every bit as good as the M5 :yes: