Max & Min Fuel Pressure for twin 40 Webers

Ian Bunker

I have just fitted a pair of twin choke 40 Weber's to my 1995 SE narrow to replace the original single downdraught Weber. In anticipation I have fitted a new higher output Facet red top pump. My question is will I have to fit a fuel pressure regulator to avoid flooding and if so what max  and min psi should I aim for please

Thank you IB

Yes mine set at 3.5 on twin webers

As little as you can get away with.

Two tips with regard to the fuel pressure regulator. Fit as close as you can to the carbs. And if you can, fit in front of the carbs. Then you can run the pressure really low and not worry about starvation ;)

It was a while back, but ISTR ours was set at 1.5psi. Regulator was about 3" from the rear carb.  Not huge demand though, cooking 1690 Xfow so about 140bhp. Used the standard at the time Facet SS pump. Still use that same pump now in fact as the lift pump for the HP system. Still flows plenty for a 170bhp Zetec.

Agree with Chris and Stu, set it quite low, around 2 psi and see if that works.  3.5 psi is really a maximum that the needle valves can shut against.